𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 26

Thank you to Remind on Quotev for this week's fanart of Obscured! I love how you've drawn the first knight/emperor, it's amazing!

Your heart thumped furiously in your chest as you stared, wide-eyed in disbelief at the man perched upon the bannister. Peering over the edge, you noticed that it was incredulously high up from the ground. After all, you were on the highest floor of the palace.

"Octavi- Octavi Kirayo?" You stuttered incredulously.

"The one and only," He confirmed with you. Staring, fatally near to speechlessness, at the man in front of you, you noticed that his eyes were not the same as you had remembered. Rather, there was close to no remorse at all, and they had a new sharpness different from what you had grown used to.

"I've been watching you," He chuckled dryly, "Before long, I am certain that you will step out of line. And what do you think will happen to you?"

"I- I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Don't kid yourself, [Name]. The Emperor is bound to kill you in the future. Your chances of survival in this cage are slim," Octavi pointed out to you, pursing his lips as his eyes glanced at the bathroom door with light peeking out of its cracks.

"We don't know that for sure though, now do we?" You snapped back at him, not caring how loud your voice was. However, it seemed like the Emperor could barely hear a thing happening outside due to the harsh splattering of the water from the pipes and into the bath.

"Keep your voice down. Listen, I have come to give you a proposition. Leave this life and run away with me. I may not be the exact same as I was before, but I'm still Octavi, am I not? And I still have these feelings for you, [Name]. I have at least most of my sanity back, and even if the effects of the incident remain, there's no denying that you know my love is true. Always has been, and always will be," He spoke in a hushed voice despite the sound of the water flowing, his voice growing in tranquillity as he talked to you.

You paused and thought for a moment. Running away with Octavi could lead him to his actual and final death by the hands of the Emperor, and there was no doubt in your mind that the Emperor would raise hell in Intuuin. But with the marriage yet to be announced to the public, only a small fraction of people even knew of your existence. You could, however, have less of a chance of your life being ended; still, if the Emperor were to find you, there was no way in the world that you would hear the end of it. You could also earn your freedom. You could embroider as much as you liked and explore new horizons like you had wished to do when you were younger.

Nevertheless, it would be risky and put many people in danger. Now that you knew the drastic measures that the Emperor was willing to take, you could not help but feel hesitant. Especially since you felt like the man in front of you was a stranger that you once knew.

His patient instead was running out due to the time-sensitivity of the scenario. "[Name], please. I'm doing this for our good," He urged you on.

"Octavi, are you sure about that? From the looks of things, you have willingly taken on the role of a black snake. If anything, I have learnt during my time in the capital that they are nothing but trouble. You even admitted it yourself. Why did you have to join them, Octavi?" You objected, a worried expression washing over your features in the pale moonlight.