53

------ Ronan ------

We were all thrown back several feet as Fujio burst out of the icy trap Millie had set in place. This guy was too strong. Probably worse than anyone we've faced before.

I landed hard, the pain radiating from the small of my back right up to the back of my head. For a moment, I felt as though I couldn't move.

I lifted my head slightly, and noticed Fujio's attention was on Adam- they were talking, but my ears were ringing too loudly for me to hear what they were saying. I looked around, seeing David and Irina groaning, moving ever so slightly. I then caught sight of Millie- she looked worse than the rest of us. I was pretty sure she'd hit her head, but she was awake. She watched Fujio and Adam talking, and then I saw her head drop.

She'd lost consciousness.

I turned back to Fujio, only to realise that he'd done something to Adam. Adam was now laying unconscious on the floor, and Fujio looked even more determined than ever.

He laughed loudly, and then I realised why. He'd taken Adam's spirit, like he'd done to Akio.

Adam had the dragon spirit.

Did that mean...?

I didn't even have time to think of the question before Fujio turned towards us and started to shift again. But it wasn't into a tiger.

Surely not?

The change was quick, and in a matter of moments Fujio went from an angry tiger man to a full on dragon.

A dragon.

I was almost paralysed from the fact that there was a dragon standing in front of me. Although, it was the smokey dragon- not a physical one. Could he even shift into the physical dragon? After all, it wasn't technically his spirit animal. Perhaps it wasn't as powerful as the tiger?

He roared, and the sudden burst of sound seemed to pop my ears and return them back to normal.

That was something.

Fujio took in the scene before him, and then started clawing his way towards Millie.

She was most definitely unconscious.

I teleported between them, catching Fujio's attention, before teleporting behind him. He grunted, annoyed, and turned to face me this time.

"I will kill you." Fujio threatened, his voice hissing ever so slightly. Despite the dragon formation, Fujio still bore the eyes of a tiger.

"Come on, then." I beckoned, and threw a quick burst of energy before teleporting somewhere else. I knew my powers were having no effect on Fujio, but I just wanted time. Time for the others to get up. For Millie to get up.

Lightning struck out from behind me, and hit Fujio's smokey form in the face. It seemed to distort it for a moment, before it shifted back to the way it was. I turned and saw David there, looking just as dumbfounded as I did when I first saw the dragon.

Fujio shook his head, and then came bounding towards us. I wasn't even sure what damage his smokey form could do to us, but I didn't want to find out. I turned and grabbed David, and teleported us over to Irina who had just managed to get back on her feet.

She fired out with her own power, trying to repeat what she'd done before, but Fujio had learned. He sidestepped the attack, and then roared. He stomped his dragon foot down hard, which shook the ground whilst releasing a huge burst of energy. It knocked us all down again.

Not for the first time in my life, I was beginning to wonder whether we'd all get out of this alive.

I looked up from the ground, and then got to my feet as quick as I could.

Fujio had Millie in his smokey grip- he'd lifted her from the ground, perhaps intending to crush her. Or maybe take her away to do something else. Who knew.

"Hey!" I shouted, and teleported up to where Millie was. My intention was to grab Millie and teleport back down with her, however as soon as I appeared in front of Fujio, he swatted me out of the air like a fly. Even in his smokey form, he could still inflict physical damage, it seemed. He'd hit me in the ribs, and it hurt.

But I couldn't give up.

I tried again, only to have the same thing happen.

Fujio laughed. "Pathetic." He spat.

I saw Irina and David also try throwing whatever they had at Fujio, but it was difficult. He had Millie in his clawed grip, and it would be difficult not to hit her.

David managed to strike Fujio's hand- the one that was holding Millie- which seemed to do something. Perhaps Fujio wasn't expecting it.

Fujio yelled again, and dropped Millie. She started falling to the ground, and so I took the chance to teleport and try to catch her.

It didn't work.

Fujio tried to swipe at me again, except this time, he missed me and hit Millie's falling body.

He'd hit her hard. Like, really hard- it made a loud noise, and didn't sound healthy. Her body practically flew in the opposite direction, before there was a quiet but audible splash.

I was about to go and get her, but then Fujio grabbed me.

I couldn't teleport.

"Fuck." I said.

I just hoped that Fujio's hit hadn't caused much damage to Millie.

I hoped that she'd wake up.

__________