» 81

"Oh, didn't he tell you? We got their business," Insook said proudly and Hyunas heart sunk.

Tae wiggled out of her hands but she was so overwhelmed with what came out of her mother's mouth that she didn't even feel him leave her grasp.

"Is that true?" She turned around and asked Jaemin, to which he nodded his head lowly and her eyes softened.

"You should've told me,"
"I'm sorry Hyun, I just didn't know how to say it,"
"It's okay," she said sweetly before turning her attention back to her parents.

"Whats not okay is you stealing his family business! Did you atleast give them a new job?" She asked but when there was no answer in return, Hyuna huffed our in anger, reaching up to grab at her hair.

"I am sick of you two, you have ruined so many peoples lives, innocent peoples lives and to the point where Jaemin had to move out of his own house because what, his family is now bankrupt and can't afford to take care of him. You two are putrid, horrible, heinous people."

"Hyuna! That is no way to speak to your parents!" Her dad demanded, raising his voice in anger at his daughters accusations.

"Parents? When are you even been parents! I have felt more love from Chanmi in the past couple of days than I have in my entire life from you two! Did you not care that you were ruining my life, that I was trapped inside that hell hole of a house and was granted no freedom to just be myself? No, because you're too worried about this stupid fucking picture perfect family and life imagine that's been ingrained into your tiny brains."

Tears started to form in Hyunas eyes as they stung with the pain of her life's bottled up emotions- only now finally being able to say what she has so long wanted to say.

"I-I was a prisoner, in my own house, and you never saw that," she stammered out, emotions pouring out of her in such a force that her knees started becoming weak.

Jaemin came to her side, placing a hand around her waist to steady her, "hey love, it's okay." He whispered out, and Insook just scoffed.

"Ruining your life? Do you not see how you yourself have ruined it. Look at you-"

"What do you mean look at her? She's beautiful, strong and empowering. I am so disappointed in you Insook, your mother really messed with you didn't she." Chanmi said, standing up for Hyuna and coming to her side, placing a comforting hand on the girls back.

"My mother did nothing, she just helped me to see clearer."

"See clearer? She destroyed every last piece of what used to be a personality, you've become this monotone person who doesn't think about anyone else but herself. I tried to see the best in you Insook, I really did. But you cannot treat your daughter like this. You cannot treat anyone like this. We used to be best friends, you used to love helping people, what happened?" Chanmi asked, sadness now washing over her as she remembered all the memories the two had with each other.

"The main word there is "used to" not anymore." Her words were sour, a bitter taste in her mouth as she glanced at her past friend.

Hyuna looked up, sniffling as she wiped at her eyes, ridding them of her tears.
"Do you love me?" She asked, wanting to know the answer.

Her parents just sat there, looking at each other as if they were thinking.

"D-did you ever love me?"

—————

Is like to smack some sense into Hyunas parents.

It's sad to think that some people are actually like this 😔