55

We all stood still, staring at Fujio laying unconscious on the ground, expecting him to wake up again.

Any moment now...

Nope.

He didn't move.

I looked at Adam. I was still pissed at him.

Adam looked at me, and then back at Fujio. He walked over to Fujio, and kicked him gently just to make sure.

Fujio was most definitely not awake, and wasn't going to wake any time soon.

"So what now?" David asked.

I decided to walk over to Adam, because I didn't know what was going to happen next, and figured that he should know.

He turned, hearing David's question.

"We destroy the chalice." He said. "I will gather some people to do it. Then Fujio can have his spirit back."

"You're giving it back?" I asked, slightly shocked.

"Well, yes." Adam said. "Taking another's spirit isn't just taking their power. It's taking their soul. Their entire being. I don't want Fujio's inside me."

"Fair enough." I said.

There was an awkward silence.

"You fucked up big time." I said, not amused and not making eye contact. I just stared at Fujio on the ground.

Adam was also looking at Fujio. "I know." He said quietly, and then turned to face me. "I'm sorry."

At that moment in time, I wasn't in the mood to forgive Adam. I knew I would eventually, but I was still unsure what to think. He was only sorry at the moment because he fucked up and he was wrong. Because he didn't get his own way. If Fujio had given him that power, he wouldn't be sorry.

I needed time to think, and so did he. He needed time to establish why he was sorry. I needed to know that he meant it.

"It's done." I said, dismissing his apology. "So you're gonna destroy the chalice?"

He nodded. He knew he wasn't forgiven- he might have even looked a little disappointed that I didn't forgive him there and then, which only annoyed me even more. But now was not the time for an argument. I didn't have the energy.

"Yes." He said. "I know someone who can."

"I better be there to fucking see it happen." I said.

"You don't trust me." He said, but it wasn't a question. I mean, why would I? Only half an hour ago, Adam wanted the chalice's power himself. I had no doubt that a part of him still wanted it now.

"No, I fucking don't." I snapped. "I wanna see that chalice destroyed with my own eyes. Then do with Fujio whatever you like."

Adam nodded, understanding.

"I'll call you when we're doing it." He said, then got his phone out. "I'll call the others to come and help clear up this mess."

I nodded, and then turned to go back to the others, relieved that Fujio was being dealt with.

__________