Ch. 45 🖤 END OF NIGHTMARE 🖤

(Author's POV)

"I can't possibly keep her. We have our own problems. You know that very well, don't you? I suggest we should send her to an orphanage. She will be fine there, right?" That woman who was said to be Mina's aunt clearly refused to adopt Mina in her family.

"I can't believe she really did that. What if she killed my children one day just like she killed my sister. I can never forgive her!" She looked at Mina with hateful eyes while the little girl just sat there with an emotionless face.

Why am I alive? I should be dead...

That was the only thought she had in her mind.

____

"What the heck..." Her aunt said while she was coming back to take Mina and send her to an orphanage as she found out smoke coming out of her room.

Mina was crying alone, surrounded by flames.

It was hard to put out the fire. Luckily, Mina didn't get hurt anywhere but... What about her heart? The feeling of burning from inside stayed with her.

Running away from the orphanage after living there for four years wasn't really easy and what came next was even more terrifying.

Mina, who recently turned twelve, wandered in the streets with no idea of what to do next. Where could she go? She was homeless...

____

"I know a place where you can stay and earn your living. What's your age, girl." A strange woman asked Mina.

How did she end up there ?

"D-Don't touch me! I'll kill you!" She screamed at the man while holding a sharp knife in her hand, threatening to end his life.

"I'm running away from this dirty  place." She mumbled.

That was horrible. That woman actually sold her to a man as if she were a thing.

Mina felt utter despair at that time. She was all alone and her life felt completely worthless. She fell to the ground feeling weak, eventually losing her consciousness.

____

"A maid cafe?" Mina asked, blinking in a cute manner at the old woman.