The beginning-Chapter 1

4th May
- 12am

Kendra

As I wake up to turn off my alarm, the cold air hits me along with the cold realisation that I was another year older

24 years old. Mamma I made it! Another year older and all I could do was thank God for the journey that I was on and where he would take me next. Kendra Leilani Evans 24 years old today on the 4th of May, I wish you were with me mamma.

I miss you so much.

I say a little prayer as I touch the heart-shaped chain around my neck that my mother gave me on the 16th birthday. She was involved in a car accident a year later, due to a drunk driver with poor judgement. The poor judgement was his ass should've stayed at that stupid bar he was at.

But I couldn't spend the rest of my being angry unfortunately

But I couldn't spend the rest of my being angry unfortunately. My mother was very big on "WWJD", what would Jesus do? She taught my siblings and I love was the most important thing and that's how we tried to live our lives.

I mean that's how I wanted to live mine.

Anyways formal introduction, as I already said my name is Kendra Leilani Evans, my mother called me Leilani or Lani for short because I was her heaven child.

She believed that I was truly a gift from God. Everybody else calls me Dre or Drea really depends on how close we are. But only my father calls Leilani.

I graduated from Howard University and I couldn't have felt more blessed with my law degree. Fast forward a year later, I start working at Smiths & Co law firm and end up working my way up to becoming the youngest associate at the firm. So yeah, you could say I was pretty much living the life.

As for my siblings, I have an older brother called Karter but everyone called him "Hussle", let's say it's because of erm his line of work. Which you'll find out more about later on.

He is four years older than me with a beautiful wife to be and 2-year-old son. Her name is London and I always ask her what on earth she is doing with my brother, but you can't choose who you fall in love with right?