31. L U C Y

The nursery was complete, the steriliser was on the kitchen side, the bottles were lined up ready, and the nappies were stacked next to the white wooden changing unit. Everything was perfect, except I still needed to buy clothes. I'd only bought a few baby grows, so I was desperate for more and bibs too. Not to forget it was end of November, baby was due December, so we needed to make sure we got warm, comfy clothes. Part of me wishes we'd decided to find out the gender now, despite how much I want the surprise, because it would make our current trip easier.

"What about these?" Bax eyed up a beautiful set of baby grows with grey giraffes and elephants on. My heart almost leaped out my chest.

There's something quite attractive about a sexy, god-like man picking up baby clothes, and smiling uncontrollably at them. I don't think anything could falter his smile right now.

"I love them."

I gestured for him to put them in the basket. I didn't want to buy newborn clothing, so went for a size bigger. Just in case baby was bigger than we anticipated.

"These too." I said, pulling a pair of booties from the shelf. They were too cute to resist.

Bax placed endless amounts of baby grows, knitted jackets in grey and white, and vests in the basket. My favourite being the 'daddy's Angel' one. He smirked at me, a sexy panty melting grin, as he held it up and I couldn't stop myself smiling.

Over these past ten weeks or so I'd realised how much of a great father he was going to be. He was forever talking about how excited he was, holding my tummy in his hands, listening to baby move as I tried to sleep, and he'd spent so much time and effort on the nursery. It looked so beautiful I loved him even more for it.

Saying that still sounds weird. I love Bax. He'd proved to me so much and my love for him was growing. To think that I wouldn't let him near me not long ago. Absolute madness.

"Hey? What's got your mind scurrying away to somewhere else?" He grabbed me from behind, taking the basket from my arms. "And you shouldn't be carrying this."

I rolled my eyes. It had baby clothes in, they were as light as a feather.

"You didn't answer my question." He bugged me, trying to delve deeper into my brain. I recognised that insecure tone in his voice; he was scared I was having second thoughts about him. I noticed it in the way his left eye twitched as he studied me, while his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Just thinking about how mad this all this. Not long ago I wouldn't even let you come near me, and here I am - here we are - shall I say."

He smiled, and pulled me into his arms in the middle of the shop. We were surrounded by baby clothes, pregnant shoppers, and other couples, but we didn't care. Right now it was just me and him. I stared up into his eyes as they gazed back at me full of love.

"Bax?" An older, high pitched female voice came from behind me and I startled.

I turned to see the culprit, but I didn't recognise her.

"Mom?"

Mom?

A glamorous, Middle Aged blonde with shoulder length curly hair, stood before us. She looked extremely confused, but it was contrasted by her huge grin. Pearly whites sparkled right at me as she lowered her gazed to my humongous bump. He'd not mentioned his parents at all actually, and between him marrying Melissa and not marrying Melissa, then us becoming a thing, I hadn't had chance to actually ask. Plus, without sounding selfish, I hadn't thought to ask about his family. I knew he wasn't one to talk about it so I respected that, maybe just a bit too much.