•C h a p t e r T h i r t y - F o u r•

Song for chapter thirty four: Crowded Room by Selena Gomez

|Skyler|

"I can't believe you're here!" the girl giggled when she finally let go of Aden. "I mean it's been like two years since I last saw you."

She flipped her wavy blonde hair over her shoulders, just about whacking Ryan in the face —who took a step back, irritated. Josie looked just as confused as I did. I looked at Aden, who just seemed perplexed before his face broke out into a smile that matched hers.

"McKenna?" Aden's eyes lit up in recognition. "I didn't know you came back."

"Yeah, just got back last night. My exchange program ended about a month ago," she explained and I didn't miss how Ryan rolled his eyes all the way to the back of his head. "You're looking great, it's really been way too long." She placed her hand on Aden's arm.

I looked past McKenna to Josie, who was staring at me with both confusion and irritation. Yeah, same.

She turned around her back facing Aden and her smile immediately dropped from her face, "Ryan, nice to see you too." Ryan only returned with a smile, that came out more like a grimace. She failed to even acknowledge Josie.

McKenna eyes trailed down to where Aden's hand was still connected to mine and I could've sworn I saw a flash of emotion across her eyes. It lasted only a split second before a large Cheshire smile spread over her lips again.

She looked at me, "I don't think we've ever met before."

"This is my girlfriend, Skyler. Skyler this is Mckenna, an old friend of mine," Aden looked between McKenna and I. He pulled me closer to him with an arm around my waist.

"Oh yeah we go way back," she emphasized, sliding her hand down Aden's arm again. "It's so nice to meet you, we should all get a drink together."

"Yeah that'd be great," Aden agreed as we made our way to the kitchen. Ryan had already disappeared with Josie, and I was bummed that they didn't stick around. For once I needed their company.

McKenna poured herself a drink, mixing in vodka and coke in her cup. She glanced over at Aden. "Don't worry, I know you don't drink," she smirked at him. "What about you?" she turned to me, holding out a cup.

I shook my head, "No, I'm good too."

"Suit yourself, I know how to have fun," she shrugged as she gulped down her drink.

"Don't worry, I'll keep my promise," I smirked at Aden. "That was me from another time, I'm more responsible now."

"I'll believe it when I see it Clumsy," Aden held in his laughter as he handed me a water bottle. I took it in my hands, turning around to see McKenna eyeing us over her cup.