𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒𝟒

❝𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕.❞  -- 𝑯𝒂𝒏 𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒐

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid watched fretfully as six clone troopers escorted Ahsoka through the Jedi Temple expansive halls towards the Chamber of Judgement for the Jedi Order's trail that would determine if Ahsoka would be expelled from the Order or not. 

All of this had gotten so out of hand. 

At this late an hour in the day, most of the Jedi were in the temple hallways. At the sight of Ahsoka's escort, the Jedi all moved to the side, Astrid included, and they silently watched as the escort proceeded passed them. Ahsoka cast Astrid a fearful glance as she passed her, and Astrid's heart gave a painful lurch at the sight. Anakin needed to get back already. 

Astrid ducked out of sight behind one of the off-white pillars lining the grand main hallway and lifted her wrist as she tapped at her comlink. "Pick up," she muttered under her breath. "Come on now." 

A few seconds later, Anakin's miniature hologram appeared above her comlink, and he asked with growing dread in his voice, "What is it?"

"Ahsoka is being escorted to the Chamber of Judgement for her trial in the Jedi Order. You need to get back here. Now!" 

"I can't," he replied in obvious distress. "I'm still in the Underworld, and I've caught Ventress. Astrid, you will have to take my place and be by Ahsoka's side during the trial. I'll try to get there as quickly as I can." 

Astrid nodded and replied, "Fine, okay. I'll see you soon." 

She didn't wait for his response before she ended the signal. Astrid emerged from behind the column and hurried down the hallway behind the crowd of Jedi lining each side of the hallway. Their attention was entirely fixated on Ahsoka's gloomy procession, which made it easier for Astrid to walk behind them unnoticed. 

Astrid walked parallel to Ahsoka from the side of the hallway, and when they reached the Chamber of Judgement, she stepped forward towards the clones and the two Jedi temple guards-- Jedi Sentinels as they were also known-- who stood on either side of the chamber's ominous entry doors. 

The Jedi Sentinels wore white and gold plated armor, and their faces were hidden behind the gilded armor. Doubled-edged yellow lightsabers gleamed vertically at their sides. At Astrid's approach, the two Jedi Sentinels stepped forward, their lightsaber moving to form an 'X' to block Astrid's approach. 

"Who are you?" one of them asked from behind their helmeted mask, voice devoid of emotion. 

Astrid lifted her chin. "I am Astrid Katarn, Jedi Knight. Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka's Jedi Master, is unable to attend and asked me to fill in for him for Ahsoka Tano's trial." 

Ahsoka glanced at Astrid with wide, worried eyes. "Where's Anakin?" she asked, and one of the clone troopers nudged her in the back with his blaster gun in warning. 

"He's finding out the truth," Astrid answered, keeping her answer vague because of the clones and Jedi Sentinels' listening ears. "Trust him." 

Ahsoka only nodded. 

The Jedi Sentinels moved their yellow lightsabers out of Astrid's path, and one of them said, "You are free to enter, Astrid Katarn." 

Astrid dipped her head in thanks before she followed Ahsoka and the Jedi Sentinels into the Chamber of Judgement. The clones remained outside in the hallway. 

Astrid entered the darkly lit room onto a circular floor. Around them, sitting in chairs on a balcony roughly twenty feet above them was the Jedi Council. The members of the Council and their seats were illuminated with golden light, making it easy to see their faces. Astrid caught sight of Obi-Wan's solemn face above, and she pursed her lips in disappointment.