CAPITOLO DICIASSETTE- Intuition

"My intuition has been telling me..." - Bryson Tiller

The Bronx, New York📍
1:25 pm
November 2nd '18

"I promise you if I was Helen, I would have let him drown in the bathtub,"  Janaé states, stuffing a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"Sis!" Cataleya exclaims,  "I wouldn't have even gone to the hospital in the first place!"

Beside her, Rheah shakes her head with a small smile, "Nah, I'd at least go to the hospital..."

"Oh hell no!" Her sister objects, "11 years of marriage down the drain, miscarriages, cheating, not to mention throwing her out the house and having kids on her?!  Sis, I would have pulled the life support plug."

The girls laugh at Cataleya's passionate comment.

Since they had met almost a month ago, the trio had spent almost every day together hanging out and getting to know each other more. In the short space of time, the girls had developed a really strong connection, feeling as if they had known each other their whole lives.

Janaé was a little guarded during the early days of their friendship, but over time, the sisters had managed to break down some of her walls and she began to connect with them on a level she hadn't with other girls.

Despite the sisters using her for their mission, they couldn't deny the bond they had grown with the charismatic young girl. Maybe it was due to the fact that they too had never gotten the chance to experience female companionship outside of each other.

Their friendship felt like a breath of fresh air. They were all different but very similar and that's what made them gel so perfectly.

Currently, the girls were hanging out at the sisters' apartment huddled around the sofa while Diary Of A Mad Black Woman played on the TV. 

"So ladies, I was thinking..." Janaé pops a skittle into her mouth, "It would be nice for us to have a girls night out sometime soon. You know, dress up real cute and go out somewhere," She grins.

"Like to a club?" Rheah asks.

"Not necessarily, I was thinking more of  a dinner or a cute little  jazz spot." Janaé's smile falls, "I would really love to go to clubbing but my brothers would never allow that."

"How would they even know?"

Janaé sighs. "Because they own a few of the clubs out here and they just happen to be the spots everyone be going to."

"Wow, what about the other clubs?"

"Well you already know they're 21+ and there's only two 18+ ones nearby but they close by 1 and no alcohol is served." Janaé rolls her eyes,

Cataleya scrunches up her face, "Well that sounds shit."

"It is," Janaé grimaces, "Hardly anybody be going there and the music is wack."  She lets out an irritated groan, "I just be wanting to live my best life sometimes but my brothers are complete enemies of progress!"

Rheah chuckles, "What do you mean?"

Janaé smacks her lips, "They way too overprotective sometimes it's sooo annoying! They always tryna have me on lockdown, always got somebody watching my every move and they track my phone! Not to mention I gotta be in the house by 11 and that's pushing it."