15) Meri Behna? My Light

15) Meri Behna? My light

Baking Tip for the day: Sometimes two different flavours gets a better taste

Mansi's POV

You know the feeling when you get when you see the plant you planted bear fruits and flowers, the feeling when you make something and it turns out to be the best thing, when you dream about something which keeps your heart warm.

That wholesome feeling.

That was exactly how I felt when Janvi opened her eyes and hugged me. Like she was in terrible pain, she mostly didn't even know where she was or what happened, and the first thing she wanted was me with her.

And I was there, smiling, holding her hand as Virat Pa and dad stood besides us. Janvi instantly wanted to speak about what happened that evening but I shut her saying that I didn't care what happened and didn't wanna know, because all I wanted was her to be safe and she was.

Then she acknowledged her father, my father and her family doctor, then instantly she asked if Manav was there and I don't know why I felt nicer to know that he was preoccupied with school to come even when he wanted to.

Then for twenty four hours we made a pact with her to make sure she doesn't feel like throwing up and to divert her mind Samar suggested we could tell her stories which was brilliant because we could get stories according to what we wanted to hear.

But the counter part was that Janvi nor I could question these stories.

And so with so many stories poured in, Janvi and I decided there were five stories which involved our mothers and out of these, our absolute favourite was the pendant story because we never realised that these pendants could open.

Can you believe it? We both are wearing something that literally opens, which means we could he wearing something which either has a message or some tiny object.

But, like our Badi Beeji said, only our mothers knew how to open it and when she said only, she meant it. Because our fathers only smiled and shrugged, so our mothers literally never told anyone how to open them and I don't remember anything being told to us.

Right now as Janvi lay asleep on my bed, I kept fidgeting with the stupid cylindrical pendant which literally couldn't open unless I broke it with a hammer.

'Kya mumma, yaar, aap dono ko bas mazze lene hai.' I said out loud to my dead mothers, as Janvi shuffled in her bed.

'You're just behind that pendant for two days now Mannu, jaane de.'

I gave my sister a quizzical look, 'Really? I thought something like this will intrigue you more than anyone. I mean you're the one who started this charade.'

She smiled, sitting back on the bed, 'When you have an open head wound to worry about, everything else feels short.'

We shared a chuckle as I helped her change the head dressing, of course the nurse helped me help her. And after Janvi was comfortable, we sent the nurse to the guest room, to freshen up and relax.

Dr. Manan had taken full control of Janvi's records and he had been completely monitoring her health, and often I could see how she was more of a daughter than a patient. Of course when he looked at me, he'd smile, and I'm thankful he didn't forget me. I mean sure I wasn't around Janvi for five years, but for eighteen years I was her personal bodyguard so yea, he did remember me.

With a family doctor, a nurse, an entire Chaudhary family, and Virat Vadhera cum Chaudhary, this house was finally feeling like home to me.

'But what if there's something important in this pendant?'