Chapter 5

Hi everyone <3 I really apologize for not updating in a year (... my bad...). I created this book my junior year of high school and junior year absolutely kicked my ass. I was focused on my grades for that entire period of time (and came out with a 4.0 unweighted GPA??!?). I'm in my senior year now and currently accepted into college so I have much much more free-time to write. I apologize that this took so long to get out.

Word count: 1078

Chapter 5 - Sensible

I clicked the Accept button. Soon enough, Suna showed up on the screen.

"Hey Suna," I smiled, pulling the phone away from my face, "this is Fufu by the way."

I saw Suna glance at Fufu quickly before bringing his eyes back to me. "The Miya's missed you today."

"Atsumu was an ass to me earlier today. He can go a day without seeing me."

"He was...?" Suna questioned, his eyes shining with questions.

"Yeah I mentioned Tobio and he got all butt-hurt, I don't know." I said flippantly, not thinking about what I was saying, "Tobio's been my friend since I moved to Miyagi, that's all."

"Who's Tobio?" Suna, with a noticeable change in his voice, questioned.

"Setter from Karasuno, he's pretty good," I mentioned, looking at the side of the road. "Fufu where are we?"

"Going home Ky-chan," Fufu replied, eyes darting to the guy on my phone screen, "also hi Suna, I've heard a ton about you from Ky."

I gave a sharp glance to Fufu before hearing Suna chuckling. "Of course you have, I carry her in Clash of Clans." He replied.

"No you do NOT!" I responded, "I obviously have the best guild win record out of the two of us. Undefeated."

"Mhm, check Clash." He responded before going on pause. "Also, would you happen to know what we have for physics homework?"

"Read the chapter on circular motion and there's like a packet sensei gave us." I replied, zipping up my volleyball bag. Fufu had turned onto my street and was nearing my house. "Bye Fufu, see you soon okay?" 

"Bye Ky, bye Suna, see you both soon?" She said, winking at me as I rolled out of the car.

I quickly muted myself, "maybe.. if he ever likes me as a friend."

"He definitely likes you, Ky. He wouldn't be facetiming you otherwise."

"Uh-huh." I replied, unlocking my front door, unmuting myself, and clambering up to my room.

"Ky, what questions? I'm so confused. Why can't sensei ever answer my emails." Suna said, unpausing himself and getting settled at his desk with his textbook in front of him.

"Let me check," I replied, setting my volleyball things down and getting everything out of my school bag, "Questions 17 through 56."

"What the hell." Suna said, rolling his eyes, "why does Sensei do this to us? Does she think we have time for this?"

"Well I have the first 20 done, but that's because I do them in class instead of sleeping, SleepyHead." I said, giggling a little bit.

"Okay Miss. Smartypants, go you." Suna remarks, "I need my sleep when I need it. That might be in the middle of physics, sure."

"Well we should get started on this, right Suna?" I answered.

"You can just call me Rin, Ky." He replied, a light blush coating his face, "No need to call me Suna, that's my surname and no one really calls me that." 

"Aww Rin, how cute." I nodded, my eyes focusing on his blushing face. "Okay so number 17..."

We stayed on FaceTime for most of the night. It was 3 in the morning when Rin finally said that we should probably get to sleep. I understood where he was coming from, we both had school and volleyball the next day but I really enjoyed talking to him. We talked about family, home life (mainly my moving from Miyagi to Hgoto), how volleyball came into our lives, and what we want to do in life. I talked a lot about how I got selected for the Olympic Trials team and how nervous I was. He helped calm my nerves. 

Waking up the next morning was not fun, to say the very least. My eyelids felt like they were cemented over and bricks were pounding on my head. I knew I shouldn't have stayed up that late but Rin was just so nice to talk to. He had the most calming voice I've ever... wait.

HE WAS STILL ON FACETIME.

It was early enough that he was still asleep but, oh my gosh, he looked so cute like that. His eyes were dropped and his hair was just barely covering his eyelashes. He looked so serene, so peaceful.

I was not going to wake him up. 

Quickly, I showered and got changed into my school uniform while packing my bag. Rin still hadn't woken up.

"Rin..." I spoke, quietly at first. I didn't want to startle him awake (which I would likely be doing anyway but he told me that once I fell asleep he would hang up the FaceTime). 

"...What?" Rin replied, his droopy eyes opening slowly, "Ky? That you?"

"Rin, you gotta get ready for school. It's nearly time for me to leave and I didn't want to leave you asleep."

"Fine... fine.." He slowly got out of bed. He flipped his hair back and started walking over to his closet.

He was shirtless. 

"Rin, if you're getting changed do it where I can't see it please." I blushed, my face was definitely as red as my hair.

"Or what Ky? I know you enjoy the view." Rin replied, his eyes quickly darting from the screen back to his closet before getting his uniform out.

"Or else I'll hang up on you Rin!" I blurted.

"Nawww," Rin replied, putting his shirt over his head.

"Try me." I replied, ending the call and packing my volleyball bag and running out of the house. Rin would've made me late if I wasn't in the shape I was in.

I quickly got to school (just on time) and settled into my seat for math. Rin still wasn't here but that was okay, neither was Sensei.

As I was thinking that, Rin walked into the classroom, hands in his pockets and quietly walked over to his seat. It was, remarkably, right next to mine. 

"So Ky.. hanging up the FaceTime? Not cool."

"What? You doubted me so I had to show you who was boss." I insisted, trying to assert myself.

"Ky you literally looked like a firetruck."

"No I did NOT!" I replied.

Maybe I did like Rin. Huh.