18 | crush

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 18
CRUSH
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 18⸻ CRUSH┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I HAVE GREAT NEWS!" Taehyung initiates with excitement at the dinner table.

We had just gotten back from work. As far as I can say, our relationship got better after we had the small talk a few days ago. We were able to comfort and understand each other through words and light affection.

I stop myself from slurping the jajangmyeon noodle and look up at him curiously.

"Aish, you eat like a baby," he teases with a hint of mischief in his eyes. His thumb slowly swipes above my lips to rub off the noodle smeared across my face.

My cheeks flush, wiping my lips in embarrassment. "Sorry. Anyway, continue.."

"Well, since everything has settled for our latest project, I figured that we should celebrate because all of you guys worked so hard. As a thank you, I wanted to book a trip to Jeju Island,"

"Jeju?" I widen my eyes, surprised by his sweet gesture. I have always adored this side of him, so humble and kind. He has such a beautiful soul.

He nods cutely. "Yes! What do you say?"

"Does anyone else know about this?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"No, you're the only one and I wanted to ask for your opinion," he answers truthfully.

I hum in response. "Mhm.. Jeju is a great choice but why so sudden?"

He stares at me for a while before licking his lips anxiously. "To be honest, this was just an excuse to take on a trip with you,"

"What?" My heart instinctively flutters.

"I realised that we haven't had our honeymoon yet and this could be a redemption, you know but if you don't agree with this, it's fine. We can do it some other time," he explains shyly.

"N-No, I want to. Besides, this is your decision. Better listen to the boss, right?" I say, chuckling.

"Really? Do you think it's a good idea?" he grins, his smile grows wide and I nod again. "Yay! I'm so excited. I'm going to text Haera to tell them that we're going tomorrow morning,"

"Tomorrow?!"

"Yes, darling, when do you think it will be?" he questions.