chapter 1 | Aesthete

Monday, October 07, 2019.

7 am.

'YOUR P.O.V'

"Dad," I look up at him while following his footsteps to his office. "Yep?" he walks up the stairs with me, saying hello to his colleagues that pass by. "Are you sure I can do this? Aren't you going to be in trouble since I'm your daughter?"

"No, don't worry. I'm the boss here so that's fine," he reassures me about this, so I head towards his office without fearing anything. The only thing I'm worried about is that he told me that since the secretary isn't here, and that I have to stand in for her, I might have to work for the man I already saw a lot of times and who causes weird feelings to my body without even touching it. I have to do the secretary's work and my dad will pay me in return, that's why I'm here but I'm still a bit nervous.

As soon as he sits down on his desk chair, he puts his papers next to his laptop and drops his leather bag on the floor while I'm standing before his desk. "What do I have to do?" I take my leather jacket off and get to the sofa to drop it there.

"Here," he already hands me a file, "Go to the office just next door, this is Jungkook's one, so tell him this is the work he did, and that I just corrected the little mistakes, all right?" he first starts with the worst person but I still listen and take the file. "All right," I gather up all my courage and get out of the room. I step to the one that is just on my left, and I knock on the door.

"Come in!" he shouts from the other side, so I bite onto my inner lip and walk inside. As soon as my eyes land on him sitting at his desk, my heart leaps, but he smiles at me and gets this to be even harder for me. "Hey, y/n. What are you doing here?" he takes his attention away from his work to focus on me, running his fingers through his long wavy hair with the help of his tattooed hand.

"I...I'm here to stand in for Miss Park..." I smile with a lot of nervousness but head up to him, "And my dad is going to give me money for doing this...so...I'm doing it..." I step towards him with my wobbling legs but get weak once his smile widens. "Ah, all right, I understand."

"Here...that's the work you did and that my dad corrected..." I hand him the file, and he takes it with his veiny hand covered in some tattoos. "Thank you," he lays it on his desk but puts his big eyes back on me. "You look taller with those heels," he chuckles but looks me up and down, noticing that the black leather pants and top I'm wearing are completely different from the clothes I wore when I was at my house, and that he visited us.

"Yeah...I like wearing them..." my mind makes me struggle as it took this as a compliment, when it's nothing like it. "That fits you a lot, but be careful. You could sprain your ankles with that," he shows some care as always, his age probably making him consider me as a simple daughter since I'm nineteen, and that I'm pretty sure he's in his thirties. "Yeah..."

"Anyway, how are you doing?" he gazes up at me and leans back on his desk chair, placing his elbows on the arms of it to hold his tough hands together. "I'm doing good...what about you?"

"Same, I just have a lot of work to do," he licks his lips but fixes his luxury watch around his wrist. "What about the cooperative training you're looking for though? Have you finally found it?"

Does he remember this? I thought he didn't really care about what I was telling him the other day. "Oh...yeah but...I keep on hesitating...I have till October thirty-first to think about it, but I'm just scared to get into something and maybe regret it..."

"Hm, I know. I was like that when I was your age, but once I started to work in an office, I knew it was what I wanted to do because I like all the paperwork and all," he combs his fluffy hair back but straightens his back, "So try something and if you ever dislike it, you're young, so you can stop and try something else. You're going to have to work for the rest of your life anyway, so don't feel like it's already over," he uses wise words to reassure me and brings a smile to my face. "Thank you for the advices..."