18

The Tale of Soana

It's early in the morning for Soana and Sueh. The two had to be up at dawn to open the tea house with Zuko and Iroh.

"Just friends?" Sueh questioned outside of the tea shop.

"I declared to Zuko last night that we're just friends." Soana explained.

Before Sueh could push open the door of the front entrance, she turned to the princess.
"I know he killed Niko, but now that Iroh is growing on me I'm willing to tolerate his presence."

They both giggled as they entered the shop.

"There are the shop's main attractions!" Iroh announced.

Zuko rolled his eyes until he looked up from sweeping then saw Sueh and Soana coming into the shop.

"Such a sweet man!"
Sueh went to Iroh and pulled him into a short hug while Soana started heading back to the worker's area.

"Morning!" She grinned at Zuko.

"Morning, Soana." He muttered, smiling timidly.

When she passed and disappeared into the kitchen, Zuko looked back to Sueh and Iroh.

They stared at him with smirks.

"What?" Zuko asked.

"Just friends." Sueh teased.

The two chuckled lightly before Soana came back from the kitchen tying an apron around her waist.

"This is such a great morning." Soana commented from her spot behind the counter.

Sueh started heading back to grab her apron when Iroh spoke.

"We need some music. It's too quiet." Iroh said, moving the benches close enough to the tables so they looked organized.

"I'm not singing." Zuko grunted, still sweeping the floor.

Sueh giggled coming out from the kitchen in uniform.
"Soana, what was that song your mom used to sing to us?"

"What? Brown haired girl?" The princess suggested.

Zuko turned to Soana, curious.
"What's brown haired girl?"

"It's a song that the tribes used to sing in the Foggy Swamp. I remember it very faintly though." Iroh put a finger on his chin to think.

The princess looked to Zuko and belted:
"Oh how my mind is heavy, as I'm North West of Storr."

Sueh then joined in with Soana as she went to Iroh and clasped her hands with his and dance in circles.

"My brown haired girl hò gù. Hì rì rì hò hì hò, my brown haired girl, hò gù."

Soana grinned and swiftly walked around the corner of the counter to meet with Zuko.

"My brown haired girl, I remark thee where there is a choice of young women. My brown haired girl hò gù."

She at first tried to grab Zuko's hand from the broom but he pulled them away slightly.