𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒𝟓

❝𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒏𝒐 𝑱𝒆𝒅𝒊.❞ -- 𝑨𝒉𝒔𝒐𝒌𝒂 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒐

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"Why did you do it? Why did you bomb the temple?" Anakin demanded as he shoved down on Barriss's two crimson red lightsabers. 

Barriss's face twisted in fury as she seethed, "I've learned that trust is overrated! The only thing the Jedi Council believes in is violence!"

She pushed Anakin off of her with a powerful shove of her twin lightsabers before dashing towards the door of the meditation room. She quickly found it was locked per Anakin's discreet use of the Force. Anakin swung his lightsaber down on her as Barriss turned towards him, and she quickly ducked and maneuvered around him, causing his lightsaber to scrap against the door instead. His lightsaber left a smoking, black scar in the metal door.

Anakin whirled around in time to bring his lightsaber up to block Barriss's two crimson lightsabers. She clenched her jaw as she shoved down hard on his blade, inching his own lightsaber closer and closer to his neck.

In an effort to free himself from the position he'd put himself in, Anakin kicked her in the stomach, and Barriss flew backwards and hit the window on the opposite wall. The window shattered at the force of her impact, and Barriss fell backwards onto the sloped roof before skidding down it the towards the roof's drop off just thirty yards below. 

Anakin leapt after her, determined to capture Barriss. He needed her to confess to the Senate to absolve Ahsoka of her supposed crimes. His feet slipped on the glass littering the smooth, sloping roof, and he slid down the building after Barriss, who had stuck both of her lightsabers into the roof in an attempt to slow down her fall. 

Her crimson blades screeched in protest as they left scorching hot gouge marks in the building. Soon enough Anakin was skidding past her, and he grabbed one of her ankles as he toppled over the edge. 

Barriss screamed as they free-fell the twenty feet to the training ground below where ten young Padawans of roughly eight years old were training. The breath whooshed out of Anakin as he landed on the hard ground, and he rolled several feet away, somehow managing to keep ahold of his lightsaber. 

After losing two of his lightsabers throughout the Clone Wars, it seemed Obi-Wan's stern words to guard his weapon with his life had become ingrained in Anakin.

Anakin skidded to a stop on the asphalt, and he heard the Padawans shouting, "General Skywalker! Behind you!" 

Anakin rolled onto his back in time to see Barriss lunging towards him with one of her lightsabers, having lost the other crimson bladed lightsaber in her fall. He caught sight of her other lightsaber ten feet away, and he held out a hand to summon it towards him. 

The lightsaber flew into his hand, and Anakin lifted the crimson lightsaber and his own above him in time to block Barriss's attack. Their lightsaber clashed. Anakin brought his legs up and kicked her off of him, and Barriss flew backwards seven feet. 

Anakin scrambled to his feet and, using the Force, slammed her back against the temple's sacred, Force-imbued tree planted near the side of the training area courtyard. Barriss's backside hit the tree's trunk with a thud, and she struggled against the Force holding her there. 

Anakin beheld Barriss struggling to get free of his Force grasp, and his anger overcame him as he thought about all of the trouble Barriss had put Ahsoka through in the past week. Barriss had betrayed Ahsoka and the entire Jedi Order. 

She'd turned to the Dark Side. 

Anakin clipped his lightsaber at his belt and, still holding the crimson lightsaber in his other hand, clenched his free hand-- his mechanical hand. Barriss began to choke as she gasped for air. Anakin marched towards her, his face twisting with rage, and he held the crimson lightsaber at her throat.