𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:BATTLE SCARS

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:
BATTLE SCARS

THOUGH THE WOLVES HAD already left, the vampire children still continued their training mainly because they were all bored and had nothing to do. Jasper had walked away whilst Emma continued to train with the others. Jasper had been walking past the Jeep Bella was sitting on top of when she grabbed his attention.

"Jasper, are you sure there's nothing I can do to help?" Bella asked, looking at the older Whitlock sibling. Jasper turned his head to acknowledge her before turning his body to completely face her.

"Well, your presence alone, your scent will distract the newborns. Their hunting instincts will take over, drive them crazy." Jasper explained as he looked up at her.

"Good, I'm glad." Bella said with the slight nod of the head. They both turned their heads for a moment when they heard Amelia yell about Emma cheating, the latter going into a fit of laughter. It brought a small smile to Jasper's lips at the sight of his sister's happiness. Bella turns back to Jasper, taking note of the small smile that was on his face. " Hey, how do you and Emma know so much about this?"

Jasper turned his head to look at her again. He took a moment to consider the question before answering. "We didn't have quite the same upbringing as our adopted siblings." Jasper answered her. Jasper takes the cloth from his arms to reveal the bites that were covering them. Bella jumps down from the jeep to look closer at them.

"Those bites are like mine."

"Battle scars." Jasper corrects with a smirk. "All the training the confederate army gave me was useless against the newborns. Still, I've never lost a fight." He started to walk away and Bella quickly followed him, going in front of him and walking backwards.

"Hey, this happened during the Civil War?" Bella asked. Jasper smirked at her.

"I was the youngest major in the Texas Cavalry. All without having seen a real battle."

"Until. . . ?"

"Until I met a certain immortal, Maria." He said her name through clenched teeth. He hated the woman with a passion, more so for how she treated Emma then how she treated him. "I was riding back to Galveston after evacuating a colony of women and children when I saw them. I immediately offered them my aid."

"Maria was creating an army?" Bella asked with furrowed eyebrows, a frown playing on her lips. By now, the two had stopped walking. Bella was sitting on the ground, looking up at Jasper as he told her his background.

Jasper looked at her. "They were very common in the south. Constant brutal battles for territory. Maria won 'em all. She was smart, careful and she had me. I was her second in command, my ability to control emotions served her well. Emma and I trained her newborns, but in this occupation, since she never let them live beyond the first year, it was our job to dispose of them as well. I could feel everything they felt." A frown fell on his features as his eyes glossed over. " I thought what Maria and I had was love. But I was her puppet, she pulled the strings. Of course, Emma tried to tell me this for years, but I didn't listen. I hurt my sister so much back then."

Bella furrowed her eyebrows at this. "You two seem to have the best relationship I've ever seen any brother or sister have."

Jasper smirked at this and nodded his head. "We did. Even when we were human, we had the best bond. Maria ruined that. I did as well. When we finally left, we slowly started to rekindle our relationship. She's one of the best things I have in my life. Emma and I decided to go on our own in the 40's. We didn't know there was another way, till we found Alice. Now, she'd seen us coming of course."

"You kept me waiting long enough." Alice mused as she appeared beside of her husband. Jasper smiled at this before he turned his head to look at the girl.

"My apologies ma'am." He wrapped an arm around her. "I don't know what I'd become without her." He glanced at Bella as he said this before looking back at Alice when she spoke.

"Shh. . . you never have to be that again." Alice reassured him before giving him a kiss. Emma, who had finally stopped training with Amelia after listening to the brunette's many complaints, had heard the entire conversation between her brother and the human. She was scared that now that Bella had Jasper's story, she would immediately want to know Emma's. If Emma was being honest, she was scared to relive her past. To share that monstrous side with someone else, even if it was Isabella Swan. Emma wasn't relying on her brother to tell Bella his backstory so soon, and now that he had, Emma knew her turn was coming up soon.

As Bella stood up to leave Alice and Jasper some privacy, she caught Emma's eyes from across the yard. Emma quickly looked away from the girl and bit her lip before making her way towards the woods. She needed to hunt, even though she knew the family were all going to go together soon to prepare for the oncoming battle. She needed an excuse to stay away from Bella until she left the household. So when the sun finally started to set, Emma came back from hunting with a relieved smile on her face. Bella had left, and that gave Emma one more day. One more day to know what the hell she was going to say to Bella Swan when she asked Emma what happened way back when.

960 words

960 words

Authors note: I thought I would include Jasper's background in this chapter mainly because I added a few things that involved Emma.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH