Chapter 11

My hands were clenched into tights fist.

Breathe in.

1-2-3

Breathe out

1-2-3

Breathe in

I flinched when the car door was opened next to me, Alpha Allen reaching in to get me out of the car. I pulled away before he could even touch me, my ribs aching from the sudden movement, making a whimper escape my lips.

"Are you alright?!" he asked me, panic filling his eyes.

I nodded. "Please, just let me... walk on my own,"

The corners of his mouth fell down, a quiet sigh leaving him, before he took a few steps back, giving me space to get out of the car.

I carefully put my feet to the ground, my knees almost giving in under the strain of my weight. How long has it been since he last let me walk on my own- further than to the bathroom at least?

I walked slowly up to the front door, the two jelly-pillars carrying me wobbling as I walked. After several attempts, I finally gave up resisting, and let Alpha Allen wrap his arm around mine, letting me lean into him for support.

He opened the front door for me, chills running all the way up and down my back as I entered the hallway.

"Do you wanna go straight to your room, or would you like a tour around the house?"

I took a deep breath, trying to straighten out my legs just a bit. "I'd just really like to sit down," I whispered.

He nodded leading me towards the stairs. I forced my left foot up on the first step, almost falling when I tried to get my left foot there as well, had it not been for him holding me.

Out of habit, I turned my head to thank him, to find his eyes looking beggingly into mine, his plea being pretty obvious.

I hung my head, needing a moment for my pride to pass through my esophagus. "Could you please carry me up the stairs?" I whispered, so low I doubted he could even hear it. I turned my head slightly to the side, to find him with a big, yet still a sad smile on his lip, his head moving just a bit in a nod.

He carefully put his arm behind my back, the other one finding its way to the back of my knees. He carried me softly, clearly making an effort not to press me any closer to him than absolutely necessary. He carried me past the doors I knew led to the library, and up the second flight of stairs. My heart rate picked up the closer we got to his bedroom door, my hands shaking in my lap.

"Don't worry, Love, as I told you, you'll be getting your own room," he told me, as we passed by the door to his bedroom, and then a few more. e finally stopped in front of a large, white, ornamented double door, that despite the classic style still matched perfectly with the modern house and furniture.

He pressed down the handle, my mouth falling open.

The wall on the left mostly consisted of a large, wall-to-wall window, the headboard of the bed pushed against it. My eyes traveled along with the room, landing on another door - probably a bathroom- to a large bookshelf with a 90o angle, pressed into the corner of the room.

The last bit of air in my lungs left as I caught sight of the beautiful white fireplace on the right wall- straight across from the bed. A large couch, grey couch and matching armchair standing 6 or 7 feet away from it, a massive tv mounted to the wall above the fireplace.

He carried me up to the couch, sitting me down onto it carefully. He stepped back for a second, throwing out his arms, an odd... well, if I didn't know better, I'd say an insecure look on his face. "Do you like it?"