23. His Past

Amber's P.O.V:

"Who gave you the permission to open this room?" he asked in a dangerously low voice with his eyes red.

"Chris...I was just curious to know...what's in here so...so I thought."

"Don't come here again. Do you hear me?" he asked. His voice was so loud and boomed across the hall which made me startle.

This was the first time I saw him this furious. I couldn't hold back my tears running down my cheeks. He didn't seem to notice it because he turned around and walked away from there.

Few hours ago...

It's been two days to our visit to Harper. Right now we are in his car and going to his ancestral home.

When Harper told me about his ancestral home here in Switzerland, I was confused to why he didn't tell me about it. But I guess maybe he was so busy with work and our thing that he must have forgotten about it. Anyhow, we are going to his home now so it doesn't matter why he didn't tell me about it earlier. But, I had to insist him a lot to take me to his ancestral home. He didn't seem much excited about it but after a lot of insistence, he's taking me there. I am excited to see his mansion. As per Harper, it is one of the most beautiful mansions in Switzerland.

"So, who built this mansion of yours?" I asked to Chris who was busy on his laptop.

"My grandfather got this mansion built for my grandmother. They got married in the mansion and started their life together." he said, not averting his eyes from the laptop.

"Wow! That's really romantic. Your grandfather must really love your grandma." I said.

"Maybe! I didn't get much time to spend with him because he died when I was 5 or 6 so I can't tell you exactly. But, as much as I remember and have heard from my father and grandmother, my grandfather was a really romantic man. He didn't have any fortune when he met my grandma who belonged from a rich family. Her family was against their marriage and put a condition in front of him that if he wanted to marry their daughter then he must have to have a good sum of money in his bank account. So, he started working day and night and founded our company, Latier corp. " he said. He looked really proud while he was talking about his grandfather.

"You seem to really love your grandfather." I said.

"Yes, I do. Though I didn't get much time to spend with him but the things I have heard about him from my family and relatives, he was a good man, a good business man and most importantly, a good husband. I look up to him." he said turning towards me.

I kept my hand over his and smiled looking at him.

"And you will be definitely like him, Chris." I said smiling.

He looked into my eyes.

"Do you think so?" he asked, like a kid.

"I know so! You are a brilliant businessman, you're a loving and caring son and an awesome boyfriend." I said, shyly.

"Do you really think that I am an awesome boyfriend?" he asked, playfully.

He placed his hand on my cheek and brushed his thumb over my lower lip.

I blushed.

"Yeah, I did. Now, focus on your work, Mr. Collins." I said trying to turn away.

"Work can wait, Ms. Milburn. But not this." he said as he closed the gap between us.

"Important thi-" even before I could finish my sentence, he captured my mouth with his and kissed me hard.

The butterflies in the pit of my stomach were doing crazy dance.