Chapter Ten

"This ain't the size I asked for." A girl about the age of Ember threw her skates on the counter causing one to fall to the floor near Ember's feet.

"What size?" Ember asked calmly. She dealt with these types of people every time she came to work.

"I told you a seven."

"These are a seven." Ember tells her.

"Well they don't fit like no seven. They too big."

Ember sighed and replaced the skates for a smaller size. It was pretty obvious that the girl didn't know her own shoe size. She took the skates and walked away, her attitude still in full affect. Ember only shook her head. She was thankful that they weren't short of workers which meant that she had to only work the front.

"Yo, Ember!" Trevor greeted as he strolled over to her. Malik and Adonis weren't too far behind him.

Ember rolled her eyes, "Size?"

"12, 13 and Adonis can't skate." Malik said.

Ember didn't respond as she picked their skates before handing them over. Malik and Trevor walked away but Adonis leaned against the counter. He studied her but she ignored him as if he weren't there.

Adonis snickered. Women were always mad about something and he don't remember giving Ember a reason.

"What I do to deserve the silent treatment?" Adonis asked.

Ember still didn't say anything. Another customer approached her and she gave them their skates.

"Ember." Adonis called.

Ember kissed her teeth, "How can I help you? You want some skates or something? If you looking for food it's over there."

Adonis chuckled. Her being mad was sexy, "Nah, but I want you to answer my question."

"Adonis, I told you I didn't want you wasting time. You said that you wouldn't but you did. Remember? You told me that you would stop by and I stayed up for a while waiting on you. Guess what? You never showed up. You stood me up, Adonis." Ember tells him.

"Fuck, I forgot." Adonis said. After he finished playing basketball with his boys that night, it was late so he went home. He'd forgotten all about going to see Ember.

"Mhm." Ember said.

"Look, I'm sorry, aight?"

Ember remained quiet.

"Come on Ember, you can't be ignoring me forever."

Since Ember refused to talk to him, Adonis climbed over the counter causing her eyes to widen. He hovered over her as she stared up at him.

"Adonis, you can't be behind the counter like that." Ember said.

"I can't have my girl mad at me."

"Your girl? Since when did I become your girl?" Ember asked.

"The moment I laid eyes on you." Adonis said making her blush. He knew what he wanted, and it just wasn't to get in her panties like Jacoby. Adonis wanted Ember for her.

Adonis backed her up a bit behind a wall so that they were out of sight. He snaked his arm around her waist pulling her as close as he could. He leaned down and caught her lips with his, giving her a soft kiss. She didn't refuse it, she allowed him to.

"I swear, you're going to get me fired." Ember tells him.

"Are you still mad at me?" Adonis questioned as he placed his finger under her chin.