sixty three

{murderer}

"Hoseok listen!" Jungkook couldn't hold back his guilt anymore as tears burst forth, spilling down his face. His chin trembled as if he were still just a small child, and each breath felt heavier then the last. He was gasping for air that simply wasn't there, throat burning as he formed a silent scream. It was painful, Hoseok wasn't looking at him as he cried out once more, "HOSEOK I CAN EXPLAIN- FUCK!" Jungkook let out a scream in pain as Kyo's boot collided with his ribs. He could feel his breath leave him as he collapsed against the cold cement, gasping... eyes blurred with tears as he lifted his gaze to Hoseok once more. 

Words left him. Jungkook stared into those once kind eyes now burning with anger, and his heart fell silent. Hoseok kept his gaze steady, "So it really was you!?" He roared, taking a step forwards. But Jungkook couldn't will his lips to move. As if stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled as Hoseok pointed a shaking finger towards him, "Did you know!?" Hoseok exclaimed but once again, Jungkook's mind went blank as he kept himself against the floor. He cradled his stomach, feeling the pain searing through him until everything just felt numb. His thoughts, feelings, everything... just numb. 
He could've never imagined that Eun-ha was Hoseok's sister... but yet again maybe he knew deep down but failed to acknowledge it.
Either way, Jungkook was guilty. 

Hoseok's expression of anger shifted into something unreadable, tears welling up in his eyes as his gaze remained on Jungkook's form. His eyes desperately searched Jungkook's... waiting. But he was met with nothing.

"You wanna know the details?" The boss man stepped forwards, hands clasped behind his back as he strode between the both of them. Whilst Hoseok's heart sunk, Jungkook remained eerily quiet as his father began to speak, "We took her! We took her when she failed to pay her debt... and just like any other captive we had our ways of dealing with her..."

Like his body was one step ahead of him, Hoseok found himself etching backwards as the man continued to speak, "Jungkook and I played a little game," A grin spread over his face, wide and open, showing his over-whitened teeth. In that moment his motives were laid bare; this man was a mocker, one who enjoyed whatever torment he could inflict on others. "Isn't that right son?"

Gritting his teeth Hoseok knew this was all just one messed up game, something that was probably planned right from the beginning. Everything... everything this man had done was for his own entertainment. He knew about Jungkook joining Bangtan, but waited. He knew about the banquet plan, but had fun with it. And he knew about Eun-ha... 

Hoseok's thoughts were cut short when the man spoke once more, "It was a little game called, blindly shoot the target." He explained, and Hoseok's breath hitched in his throat. The man waved a hand, "Of course Jungkook didn't know it was Eun-ha... but he was the one who killed her."

From the floor, Jungkook let out a pained yelp as he shifted from his position, placing his palms flat against the cold concrete floor as he struggled to rise to his feet, "I'm sorry I-"

"Jungkook, at the end of the day you're a Jeon." His father snapped, clicking his tongue against the inside of his cheek, "You murdered her Kook... you took her from him!" 

Tears began to slip once more, the male's shoulders trembling where he sat. No matter how many times he had been told he was a good person, Jungkook knew exactly who he was deep down.
When he stood by his father's side in a world of anger, pain and hatred.
Did he want that?
Yeah. He did.

Jungkook grew up surrounded by fire and ash, it was the only thing he knew of so of course he wanted it. He was never taught what empathy was, or kindness. In fact, his entire childhood he saw just one type of smile - a smile full of malice and cruel intent.