Chapter 106

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?"

       "Ow..." Jenna groaned as she felt like her head had just exploded, trying to open her eyes even though it seemed impossible because of the bright sunlight. "What's going on...?"

         "I would like to know the same thing!" said James angrily, walking toward their bed with furrowed brows, looking murderous.

       "Now, now, Prongs, let's not jump into conclusions," Sirius started with a grin, sitting up on the bed lazily. "As you can see, we both have clothes on —"

       "That still doesn't make up for the fact that you got her up here!" James yelled.

        "Can everybody just... shh..." Jenna mumbled again, trying to sit up as well, but her headache was bending her down, and the morning light was definitely not helping.

        Peter was watching the scene worriedly from a safe distance while Remus was putting his books in his bag casually, as if this was the most normal thing that could happen on a Monday morning.

       "Okay, in my defense, she came here herself," Sirius went on, trying to reason.

       "You could've said no!"

       "You think I didn't try!?" Sirius retorted loudly, getting out of bed to face James, while Jenna remained on the bed, still dazed. "It's not my fault Potters are so freaking stubborn and won't take no for an answer!"

       "What happened to the five-inches-rule!?"

     "It changed to zero inches when she became my girlfriend!"

     "Oh, please!" James scoffed. "As if you two hadn't been up all night snogging! That doesn't count as zero inches! That's — that's minus-one inches!"

     "Minus-eight, if you weren't there—"

     "—I'LL KILL YOU!"

***

Meanwhile Jenna tried to ignore the chaos going on in the room and go back to sleep, Remus sprang forward to try and pull James off Sirius, who was only laughing.

After things had seemingly calmed down, Jenna went back to her dorm, only to see Lily, Alice, and Marlene there, ready for classes yet waiting for her.

"Where have you been!?" Lily exclaimed and paced quickly toward her the moment Jenna stepped inside the room. "We've been so worried!"

"I wasn't," said Marlene with a grin. "She was obviously with Sirius the whole night, doing the deed."

Marlene wiggled her eyebrows playfully at Jenna, before saying,

"Oooh! Try to say that faster! They did the deed! They did the deed —!"

"Is that true?" Lily asked Jenna breathlessly as Marlene went on singing.

"They did the deed! They did the deed —!"

"No, we didn't!" said Jenna firmly as Alice laughed at Marlene.

"Yeah, right," said Marlene, smirking. "Then where were you?"

"Er... well... I was with Sirius, but —"

"Ha! I knew it! THEY DID THE DEED!"

"No! Shut up, Mar!" Jenna shook her head at her, even though she was grinning too. "I just fell asleep. James did not take it well."

"Well, you better get ready soon or we'll miss breakfast," said Lily. "I already packed your books for you. Just take a quick shower before we go. You stink of Fire Whiskey."

"I only had two!" Jenna tried to reason, but Lily pushed her toward the bathroom door before she could protest any further.

***

In a few days times, James finally seemed to have calmed down a bit and thankfully went back to normal.

That day, Jenna was sitting next to her friends in Potions class that James came forward and leaned in toward her.

"Hey, J.P," he said in a quiet tone. "Tonight Remus is having his — er — furry little problem. You wanna tag along?"

"Oh, shoot, I completely forgot about that," Jenna said to herself with a frown, feeling guilty that she hadn't managed to be there for him in the past few months.

"Well, do you wanna come or what?" James asked again.

"Y-yeah, sure," Jenna nodded, thankful that it wasn't another Friday with Occlumency lessons.

"See you, then," James nodded at her, walking away.

"What does he mean by furry little problem?" Marlene suddenly asked and Jenna's stomach lurched at that. "Does Remus have a badly behaved rabbit, or something?"

"Sure, if you want to call it that," Jenna muttered and she was grateful when Professor Slughorn entered the classroom, giving an end to the discussion.

But Lily's eyes remained on Jenna and the boys throughout the whole class. She already knew about Remus and his problem. But why did the rest of them disappear with him each month?

***

That night, as the girls went down to dinner, Jenna excused herself and said she would be waiting in the common room for Sirius.

When the common room finally emptied and everyone had gone to the Great Hall, James and Sirius walked down from the boys' dormitory along with Peter.

"Ready to go?" James asked and Jenna nodded.

      So he took out the Marauders Map, studying it quickly before putting it away in his pocket again.

       "Okay, the coast is clear of any Filch. We can go. Although I'm pretty sure Padfoot wouldn't mind if we ran into him..." James said with a grin.

Sirius punched him in the arm, but James only laughed and Peter sniggered from behind them.

They all went down near the edge of the Dark Forrest and finally came to a stop by the Whomping Willow. The full moon was out in the night sky, meaning that Remus had already transformed.

"Go ahead then, Wormtail," said James and so Peter nodded, turning into a rat and running toward the tree, touching the knot there and causing the tree to become motionless.

With that, the other three transformed themselves as well into a stag, a dog, and a cat.

But at the exact moment, before they could even move, they came to a halt when someone yelped behind them in shock. "Oh my, God!"