Weekend

I won't give trigger warnings anymore bc 1. They kinda spoil the chapter. 2. If you've come this far you know what kind of stuff happens. If you want me to still give them I could.

Also I forgot to add in Alone that Ms. Weaver left before Catra got went into the bathroom.

Catra's POV

I woke up Saturday morning to a text message.

Weird. Why would mother message me? She's the only one who has my number- ohhh wait. Adora.

I checked my phone to see that it was indeed, Adora.

Adora: Hey! It's me! Do you wanna hang out today with me, G and B?

She means Sparkles and Bow right? Probably.

Catra: No sorry, I'm feeling unwell.

That was true, physically and mentally. I was aching all over and too tired to "social" or whatever it's called. I just couldn't bring myself to interact with people.

Adora: Oh, that's bad. Are you okay, should I come over?

Nonononono. That's a really bad idea.

Catra: No, you don't need to. I'm fine, just had a little accident and my arms are hurting and I'm tired.

That's technically the truth.

Adora: Are you sure? I can come over.

Catra: Yeah, enjoy your day!

Adora: Alright then... Hope you get better.

I felt bad knowing that those three dots meant she was sad. Or maybe she wasn't. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Why would she be sad I can't come?

I turned in bed, my arms hurting. Today was gonna be a "lucky if I leave the bed at all" kinda day.

Time to do nothing all day since I have no motivation. Besides she is hungover and won't bother me. I hope.

Time Skip to Sunday

I woke up, having wasted a whole day. I mean I did my homework and by "did" I mean half -assed. I don't care if it's bad anymore, mother will find an excuse to punish me anyway. I planned to do nothing today either but my arms and other scars weren't hurting as much so maybe I'll go out or something.

Plus, I could deal with one or two people before crashing and shutting down.

Then Adora messaged me.

Adora: Hi! It's me again! Are you better?

Catra: Yeah kinda. Why?

Adora: Well umm... Wanna hang out with me?

Catra: Just you?

Adora: Well I can call G and B if you want.

Catra: I'm not really in the mood to deal with people right now.

Adora: Oh... sorry.

Catra: What no. I meant them. Not you. I can hang out with you.

Adora: So, I'm special? 😊 Aww thanks!

Catra: That's not what I said!

Adora: Admit it, you like me!

Catra: Get over yourself!

Adora: That's not a no?

Catra: Ugh. Two hours later in front of the cafe. Don't be late.

Adora: You got it 👍.

Dork. She's adorable. Wait what? 

Never mind. I should just get ready before mother comes back home. She spent all yesterday getting drunk at bars. She didn't come home at night. She's done this before. I just hope I can sneak out before she's back.

 I got dressed. Nothing special, just a nice red hoodie and ripped jeans. I wore a pride t-shirt underneath the hoodie but it wouldn't matter as I couldn't take the hoodie off.

I'd gotten the t-shirt from a parade I went to. Secretly of course. Who knows what would happen if I came out as lesbian. (Originally Catra was gonna have internalized homophobia but then I thought what if _____ had it instead? Not sure tho. Yeah no I'll use that as a last resort if I can't find other angst.)

Obviously getting ready took much less than two hours. I just gave that time so that I could get mentally ready too. That meant listening to music on my phone and else. I headed out the house just in case. Good thing I did because just as I rounded the corner I saw mother come out her car. She was wasted. More than usual. Normally she'd be too drunk to get mad but when she got wasted she'd get mad. A lot.

Good thing I went out when I did. I heard her scream my name so I ran. I could very well get breakfast. And I did. I went into a grocery store to buy a sandwich and chocolate milk. Don't judge me. I would get coffee but 1. This was a grocery store how good can coffee be? 2. I was saving that for Adora. I listened to music and other stuff to pass time while eating. When it was time I started walking to the cafe.

Adora's POV

All night I thought about what I'd seen. (Her parents' fight, if you don't remember.) I couldn't sleep much. When Saturday morning came, I woke up later than I normally did. Normally I'd wake up at 6 am. This time it was 10 am. I decided to hang out with Glimmer and Bow to take my mind of things.

What about Catra? Oh right, I have a new friend now! Wait, are we friends now? Idk. I'll invite her too. I wanna spend time with her.

I messaged her and she replied soon. We messaged for a bit but she couldn't come. 

Is she okay? Should I check on her anyways?

Would that be weird?

I'll just give her space, that seems like a good idea. I couldn't get her out of my mind the whole time I was with Bow and Glimmer. So I was ecstatic when she agreed to hang out the next day. 

I met her at the entrance of the cafe. Glimmer wasn't working today, Bow was but he was on his break. I stared as Catra approached. Her hair was brushed back but pieces were falling on her face and covering her amber eye. She had an over-sized dark red hoodie and black ripped jeans.

Eyes on her face Adora.

That didn't make it better. The sun was shining on her and making her hair shine. Her freckles were making her look so... You know.

I felt like I was blushing a bit. I greeted her and we headed inside. We got coffee. She got some treats as well. 

I wish I could too but I can't.

We talked while eating. I told her about my life, my interests and stuff. I was just saying stuff and I wasn't too focused on what I was saying. I was more focused on her reactions. Her little laugh when I told her I thought Bow was short for Boseph, her eyes shining when I talked about cats, and other stuff.

Eventually it came to an end and we decided to go home. It was like there was a warm, bubbly thing inside my chest and I almost forgot about what happened at home.

Almost.

Catra's POV

Yeah, I'm actually going home, it's been a few hours and she can't stay awake for that long after that much.

I walked home to see that I was right

I gave you some fluff. Idk why, probably bc of what I planned. Or bc I haven't written in so long.