Hidden potential, Hitoshi Shinso

It was the end of the class and Aizawa goes by room by room to make sure no one is staying behind and causing ruckus. If there are students staying behind, first they need a slip and they need to have it signed by their homeroom teacher, he also calls said homeroom teacher first to make sure that he really did give permission and whatever it was, it wasn't forged.

He finds himself surprised when he heard a pained howl from the training gyms, he peeks from the window on the door, interest piqued. It's only the start of classes, barely a week in. Why is someone training so hard? This should be the heroics gym, he knows the voices of second years and third years very well. Whoever this was, they didn't sound like them so probably a first year. He sighs, working hard is good but pushing yourself isn't, he'll have to scold them.

Who is it? 1-A or 1-B? Eitherway, this voice doesn't sound similar to any of his homeroom class, so probably 1-B. He lets the door swing open, the sound of it sliding caused the student to jump up in shock.

"O-Oh.... g-good afternoon." He says.

"It's past the bell. You should leave."

"...." The student with purple hair had his brow furrowed, he seemed troubled, like he didn't want to leave, then he speaks, "please... can I stay just for a bit....? I don't get time to do this in class times...."

Something in Aizawa's heart jumps a bit, hard working kid.

"Sorry, but if you want to stay behind then get a slip, you're from 1-B, right? Just get one from Vlad, he'll give you one."

The student's face paled immediately before he bows his head down and quickly leaves.

.....

Aizawa ignores his aching chest and his temples hurting as he left as well.

The next day, Aizawa comes in with a sigh, Mic eyes him weirdly, Midnight and Vlad were there, they were seated in the same bunch for some reason, Mic greets him morning and Midnight does too, Vlad just nods at him. He grunts in response and sits at his desk, taking out papers from his bag, he starts grading.

"Lately there's a kid using the UA training grounds to train. Like I don't mean to ruin his groove but only heroics students are allowed there! I feel bad everytime I have to make him go away for class, everyone looks at him on the way out too!" Hizashi complains, Aizawa's ear twitches from his desk, his hands skidding to a stop from grading yesterday's activity.

"Oh? You mean that boy, right? It really is pitiful. Everytime he leaves I can just see the tears from his eyes! He hides it well, but I'm sure as much as the other person that he really wants to stay and train with everyone." Midnight complains out loud, Aizawa clicks his ballpen, now completely still from writing, he tries to read the pages but he can't seem to focus.

"His quirk is interesting, incredibly useful but it was nothing against the robots at the entrance exam so he's stuck at Gen.Ed. When I asked him what he was here for, he told me it was to become a hero. Not sure how he's going to do it though. Neat quirk but whatever he's doing, it's not working. He's all stick and bones." Vlad says, Aizawa felt irritated now, why were they talking so much and why were they so loud?

"Oh, I've seen him as well!" All Might's secretary, Toshinori pipes up in the conversation, "what a shame. He's very hard working and diligent, how unfortunate-"

Aizawa stands up, he takes his papers, stuffs it in his bag before he leaves the lounge. He'll grade at the classroom.

Throughout the day, Aizawa can't keep his mind off the kid. So he's in Gen Ed and he's here to be a hero? No proper training routine? He gets humiliated every time he has to leave the gyms for heroics students? Aizawa bit his lip, he knew that feeling too well, he was in Gen Ed before he was in Heroics. Still, Aizawa knew what he was doing at the time, this kid....

He huffs, it's decided. There's no other way around it, he can't stand there and watch as someone who has the potential to be a hero just rot away in Gen. Ed. Stupid robots, he's definitely removing them from the entrance exam next year, he doesn't care if he'll have to work overtime and thrice as much, he's haggling Nezu out of it. If he can help a quirkless kid, he can help someone who has a quirk.

It's at the end of class and Aizawa goes straight to the gym, the kid is there, about to enter when he notices Aizawa, his face turns pale and he quickly snags his hand away from the door handle, as if he knew he was caught. Aizawa stares at him for a moment, before he opens the door, he grabs the kid by the scuff of his collar and throws him in, causing him to yelp. Aizawa kicks the door behind him close with a thud, the walls around it crack from the force.

Hitoshi Shinso has never been more terrified in his life.

"So. You want to be a hero, huh?" Aizawa glowers, like a hulking giant, looking down at a little ant, intimidating.

Still.... Hitoshi bites his lip, he looks up and is met with ruby red eyes, then he nods.

"Yes. I'm here at UA to be a hero." He managed to say as he mustered up what little courage he has, Aizawa smirks, it looked like it was from the devil itself.

"You do....? Then show me."

Aizawa gave Hitoshi 3 seconds of time to think before he lunges.

_______

Hitoshi's body hasn't hurt this much ever since- well. Forever. His entire body ached as he forced it to move out of the way- yet he's still caught in Aizawa's merciless attacks. If he thinks the bullies in middle school were rough, they're nothing compared to this. No time to think, no time to act, the pain registered a second later and it's a flurry. He ends up on the floor, panting, sweat coating his body.

"You want to be a hero, right?" The man behind him gruffs, Shinso winces when he feels someone stepping on his back, no doubt, it was Aizawa, "you don't look like you can handle it-"

"I can handle it!" He immediately replied, clutching his fists, he had enough energy to turn around and face him but he was struggling to even sit up, everything feels like jelly, "I-I- I can handle it...." before he knew it, tears were spilling from his eyes, "j-just give me a chance, I can handle it, I-I- I really can...."

There was a moment of silence, before Aizawa hauls him up his shoulder, then starts walking, Shinso was too tired and was too focused on his tears to register it.

"...." He drops him at Recovery girl, giving her a shrug when she gave him a stink eye, Shinso was still conscious, Aizawa sighed.

"If you're really serious about being a hero.... and you want to do that again. I'll be waiting at the same places tomorrow." Honestly, he was more rough than he was usually, perhaps he wanted to scare him off a bit, but mostly, he wants to know if this kid is serious about this, if he's really willing to put up with Aizawa just to be a hero then.... who was Aizawa to turn him away from his dream?

Before the kid can respond, Aizawa leaves.

Aizawa comes back tomorrow at the gym, he was inside, it's been five minutes, he was about to leave when the door creaks open, seeing the sight of purple hair, all bandaged up, a timid posture but a determined face, Aizawa can feel another smirk coming up.

Wise choice

__________

"Would that really be enough to sway Aizawa-san?" Yagi asks, a little concerned that their little plan would bear no fruits at all.

"Oh please, it's Shouta we're talking about! That guy sways from the littlest of sniffles! You'll see!" Mic says with uttermost confidence, "trust me, any kind of sob story is bound to get him lurking!"

"Well.... if you say so...." Yagi sighs.