Stefan - denial

request: I was wondering if you could do one where Stefan really sick but he tries to hide it and keeps denying that he needs help while Damon is trying to take care of him?

Some people like to hold onto the thought that nothing is wrong. Like like to repeat that phrase in their head over and over again, till their brain finally believes them. Nothing is wrong, nothing is wrong, nothing is wrong. Perhaps, it gives them hope. Perhaps it gives them some sort of comfort but deep down, they all know that something is in fact wrong. But denying it seems to somehow be the best thing to be. Because nothing can be wrong, if you don't let it be wrong, right?

Stefan was one of those people, and Damon knew that. He always was, always will be. He denied the fact that he was the Ripper of Monterey, and he denied that he knew, that he needed help. For years, he denied that he knew, that his father was abusive, and he denied that everything that had ever happened in their lives were wrong. Damon knew that Stefan was denying everything that he needed to and wanted to deny.

Therefore it wasn't really a huge surprise that Stefan was trying to deny, that he was sick that day, when Damon was sitting in front of the fireplace, and Stefan was heading to the high school for his first class. It wasn't really that obvious that he was sick either. It wasn't like he was throwing up all over the floor or anything, but his throat was raspy and he looked tired.

Stefan grabbed himself a cup of tea from the kitchen, and Damon knew that he would prefer coffee over tea anytime, due to the fact that the caffeine usually brought him a lot more energy than tea would. And Stefan needed energy when being on his animal diet, just to keep up with the rest of the vampires. Of course coffee wasn't as strong of an energy source as human blood, but it would do.

"Having a tea party, are we?" Damon said sarcastically from the living room and Stefan didn't answer.

"You never drink tea. Spill the beans baby brother."

"It was a warm night, my throat got dry. That's all."

"Might I suggest cold water?" Damon asked. "Or lemonade maybe?"

"I'm going to school," Stefan groaned, but Damon was in front of him in a heartbeat, blocking the way.

"Damon -,"

Damon's hand flew to Stefans forehead, and Stefan pushed it away.

"Will you stop?! I'm not sick! Jesus!"

Stefan shoved Damon out of the way and went for the door. Damon barely had time to tell him to bring a blood bag along, just in case, before the door was shut harshly in his face.

After the third period of the day, Stefan found himself in the bathroom stalls, spitting up every single drop of blood that he had had for breakfast. Outside of the stall, he could hear Elena lecturing Jeremy about his drugs, but as soon as the blood splattered into the toilet and mixed with the water, everything went quiet.

"Who's in there?" Elena asked, knocking on the door, but she got no answer. "Do you need help?"

"The dude is probably just having a hangover. Leave him alone." Jeremy said.

"Yes, leave me alone," Stefan thought to himself. Jeremy was right anyways. It could as well just be a hangover. He did after all have a glass af bourbon the day before. Maybe he had gotten drunk without noticing, and maybe this was his body showing him, that he had had too much. It did feel like a hangover too. He was nauseous, had a headache and he was tired and weak, so besides from the soreness in his throat, he did feel hangover.

Stefan didn't dare to come out before Elena and Jeremy had left, but when he had cleaned all the blood away, and had left the stall, he had seen his reflection in the mirror. He was pale and sweaty and over-all just a mess. He splashed some water in his face and headed for the gym, where he was able to get to the changing rooms without being seen. He changed his own sweat soaked shirt into his football jersey, and left the changing rooms again.