7. SECOND TASK

| CHAPTER SEVEN |

SECOND TASK.

FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEKS, DAWN Weasley found herself jumping from one house to the next and to the next. She spend most nights at her own place, those nights were ones she didn't spend at the Burrow or at twelve Grimmauld Place with Remus and Sirius.

The more time she spend with a certain brown eyed man, the more he was on her mind, and what she didn't know, was that she had a very similar affect on Remus' mind.

She kind of wanted to both thank and strangle Sirius for suggesting that Remus and Dawn go together to watch the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. So, that's exactly where the pair were now. Standing in one of the three stands - right in between other families that came to watch - in the middle of the Black Lake. Both of them with permanently flustered faces.

"All our Champions are ready for the second task, which will start of my whistle," Bartemius Crouch  said with his wand pressed up against his throat, acting like a microphone that let his voice travel around the entirety of the lake, "On the count of three, then. One...two...three!"

A whistle echoed through the chilly air as the stands erupted in cheers. Dawn clapped as she watched Harry diving into the icy lake water, before he suddenly emerged back out, flying over it with a happy laugh. It didn't take long for the lake to become silent and the cheers ending. Students, parents and professors began conversing amongst one another; seeing as there really wasn't much else they could do right now.

"Charlie threw me in the lake once," Dawn chuckled, she pulled her old Gryffindor scarf tighter around her neck, trying her best to keep her warmth in. Remus turned his head to watch her, a soft look on his face, "The Giant Squid helped me, and then used one of it's tentacles to splash Charlie, causing him to fall in as well."

Remus felt a chuckle emitting from his throat, "Is that why you're so into magical creatures?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"Probably," Dawn shrugged, "It's either that or the fact that I stumbled across a unicorn in the Forbidden Forest once, but don't tell anyone," She added with a wink.

"Your secret is safe with me," Remus winked back at her, before both of them fell into a happy laugh, their entire faces lighting up just before a large wave of wind flew past them, causing Dawn's shoulders to immediately tense up as she lifted them up ever so slightly, trying to keep her warmth around her neck, "Here," Remus suddenly said, pulling off his own Gryffindor scarf and placing it over Dawn's.

"Oh, no, I'm okay," The redhead quickly said, shaking her head, "You'll get cold."

"Trust me, I won't," The older man told her with a genuine smile on his face.