42. Gratitude

Akshita

Certain things in life make you want to be grateful every day, to be grateful that you exist in that particular moment. For me, the most grateful I am is for my current life which is filled with love, laughter, the joy of everyday living and another thing being grateful for are the people in my life. I think I have been extremely fortunate ever since I got married. Now everything is beautiful and every obstacle is not difficult to cross. I have seen my dreams being fulfilled after being married to an amazing man who is my best friend and my biggest supporter in life. He has given me love, compassion, faith and made me into the person I am today. So yes, he is who I am most grateful for.

It's hard to believe that I am an optimistic and cheerful person now. If I were to compare myself with the Akshita from one and a half years ago, I would get astonishing conclusions. I have changed so much and I have changed for good. I am so proud of the person I am today.

Last night at exactly midnight, Ashish and I wished each other a Happy anniversary. We completed one year with each other. Even at midnight, we were getting so many messages wishing us on our anniversary. Messages kept pouring in until late so we ended up keeping our phones on silent. That moment was for us and about us so we wanted to cherish it with each other only. We made love like it was our first day. It felt so deep and emotional that we had tears in our eyes. I faintly remember falling asleep in his arms after getting tired and whispering I love you just before I closed my eyes.

_______

I shifted onto my side, yawning and gazed at him, appraising his beauty. His arms were wrapped around his pillow, showing off chiselled biceps and a muscular back adorned with scratches and marks from my nails. I bit my lips as I took in the sight, I know he often watches me sleep but I rarely get the opportunity to repay the compliment. He looks so young and carefree in his sleep, his long lashes are fanning against his cheek, a light smattering of stubble covering his jaw, and his kissable lips slightly parted, relaxed as he breathed deeply.

I wanted to kiss him, run my fingers over his handsome face. I really had to fight the urge not to touch him, not to disturb him.
Hmm... Maybe I could just tease him with my teeth and kiss his neck a little. No, Akshita... Let him sleep. I chided myself and hid my face in the pillow groaning.

After a few minutes of controlling my urges, I raised my face from the pillow and found him staring at me.

"Oh, fuck! You scared me." I squeaked, getting startled as I found him awake. He chuckled and pulled me in his arms.

"Hi," He muttered, gracing me with his million-dollar smile and I melted into a puddle. His happiness, knowing I was a huge part of it, was like a gift. One that I'd cherish forever.

"Hi," I replied in a daze. His smile made me want to kiss him all over.

"What were you mumbling about?" He asked tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

I pouted, "Just that you are just so...so..."

"So?" He asked leaning closer to my face.

"So hot..." I mumbled and he leaned forward.

"And?" He breathed over my lips.

"And... And I want to kiss you." I mumbled breathing heavily.

He put me out of my agony, finally pressing his lips to mine, my eyes fluttering close. His tongue swept against my lips, and I opened them to let him in. His arm pulled me closer as he began to devour my mouth. Sparks emitted from wherever he touched me, bringing my body to life. I moaned into his mouth, my hands reaching up into his hair. My fingers tangled in his silky strands, tugging back earning a groan from him.