chapter fourty-six

ALLISON SMILED WIDE, HAPPY AT WHERE SHE WAS RIGHT NOW. She looked into his eyes, him tilting her head at her curiously, something she loved. "What?" He asked her softly.

"Nothing." Allison smiled, shrugging slightly. "I just... I love you." She rushed out, Negan raising his eyebrows at her confession.

He ran his tongue on his bottom lip before he pulled her into him, placing his lips on hers for a passionate kiss. Deepening the kiss, he slid his tongue onto her bottom lip, Allison moving her hands to his face, wanting nothing more than to be closer to him.

Negan pulled away and gave her a smirk, rubbing the pads of his thumbs on her cheeks. "I love you, too."

"Ally." Daryl called out to her, the woman looking around at her surroundings before she sat up, rubbing the sleep out from her eyes. "C'mon, we goin' inside."

She nodded and followed him out, her eyebrows raising at the size of the community in front of her. It had gates, just like Alexandria and it had people talking, laughing... like nothing bad has ever happened to them.

Jesus led them into a large house and a man with a suit on came out, widening his eyes at Rick's group. "Jesus, you're back... with guests." He seemed not so happy about the amount people in the room.

"Everyone..." Jesus trailed off, motioning his head over to the man. "This is Gregory, he runs things around here."

"I'm the boss." The man chuckled, his eyes going to Maggie, who squirmed under his gaze uncomfortably. Allison moved beside her, her hand placed on her knife.

He then looked to Rick, a smug smirk on his face. "Why don't you guys get cleaned up?"

"We're fine." Rick narrowed his eyes at him.

"Jesus will show you where you can get washed up. Then y'all come back down when you're ready." Gregory proposed, moving closer to Rick. "It's hard to keep this place clean."

Allison looked to Rick, him trying to hold in his anger. "Yeah, sure."

The group then started to go upstairs, it being decided that Maggie was going to talk to him.

-

Allison was outside the house, her eyes set upon the people around the community. They looked as if they had no idea what the outside world looked like and that bothered her. It bothered her because she felt like everyone should know. Everyone shouldn't be clueless in a world like this.

She heard footsteps from beside her and she turned around, her eyes lighting up once she saw it was Daryl. He looked deep in thought about something.

"Maggie talkin' to Gregory?" She asked him and he nodded his head, his eyes now moving to the people walking about, just like Allison had moments before. "They look clueless."

Daryl instantly knew what she was talking about and he agreed, watching as they laughed among themselves. "You ever think 'bout it?"

"Hm?"

"Being settled?"

"Yeah..." Allison trailed off, the two looking at each other for a short moment. "I do."

Their moment was broken up as the gates to the community had suddenly opened up, revealing three people who looked angry.

The rest of the group came out and the couple followed them with caution.

"Where's everyone else?" Gregory asked, throwing his hands up.

"They're dead." The stranger spoke, breathing in deeply.

"Negan?"

Allison widened her eyes, her body tensing at that name. She hasn't heard that name in a long time and didn't think she'd ever hear it again after she got away. These people seemed to be trading with him, her only knowing because she knew Negan only killed people if they disobeyed his orders.

She snapped out from her trance as the man suddenly stabbed Gregory, everyone going out to help him. The man had jumped on Rick and started to choke him on the floor. However, Rick got the upper hand and stabbed him in the neck, blood splattering all on his face.

"What?"

-

"Gregory wants to trade. He does. He needs some convincing." Jesus assured them, Allison nodding her head, believing him. "Just give me a couple of days."

"We can do that." Michonne told him, Rick now agreeing, making Jesus give out a soft chuckle.

"We heard the name Negan." Rick spoke up, that same feeling in Allison's body once again. "Who is he?"

Allison was avoiding eye contact with anyone, not wanting to tell them she knew him. Not just yet.

"He's the leader of a group called the Saviors." Jesus told them, everyone wanting him to continue. "As soon as the walls were built, tbe Saviors showed up. They met with Gregory on behalf of their boss. They made a lot of demands, even more threats. He killed one of us... Rory. He was 16 years old."

Allison put her head down, remembering all the times they had together. The good times. She quickly dismissed it, he was supposed to be the bad guy.

"They beat him to death... right in front of us. Said we needed to understand, right off the bat." Jesus finished, everyone around the room with somber looks on their faces. "Gregory's not exactly good with confrontation. He made a deal. Half of everything. Our supplies, our crops, our livestock... it all goes to the Saviors."

"And what do you get in return?" Maggie asked, crossing her arms.

"They don't kill any of us."

Allison scoffed. "Not exactly a deal."

"No, it isn't. But we will do anything to protect this place." Jesus told her, Daryl stepping up.

"Why not just kill them?"

"Most people here don't even know how to fight... even if we had ammo."

"How many people does Negan have?"

It was Allison's turn to speak up, everyone turning towards her. "More than us."

"What? You know this guy?" Daryl asked, slight anger to his tone.

"Yeah... something like that." Allison told them, Rick sighing deeply.

"Nah, these dicks just got a good story. The boogeyman, he ain't shit." Daryl argued back, not even glancing at Allison.

"No, he's the real deal." She told them, Abraham scoffing.

"A month ago, we took his guys out PDQ." He told her. "Left them in pieces and puddles."

"He's gonna send more men out and when he does..." She trailed off, the image of him beating in a man's head repeatedly.

Daryl shook his head, ignoring her. "Nah, we'll do it. If we take out Negan and his boys, will you hook us up? We want food, medicine, and one of them cows."

Allison exhaled sharply and walked out from the room. She felt like no one was listening to her and it made her furious. Especially Daryl. He acted like she wasn't even there.

She just wanted to go home.