The White Fire

After hours of drifting through the ocean, the ship finally docked at the Fire Navy harbor

After hours of drifting through the ocean, the ship finally docked at the Fire Navy harbor. Rein was excited to get to land, her legs feeling like jello. She quickly made her way out to the main deck so she could join Iroh and Zuko to land. Just as she was about to exit into the sunlight, an arm grabbed her and yanked her into one of the chambers.

"You need to stay on the boat." Zuko ordered. Rein swiftly pulled her wrist from him, his tight grip hurting her healing burns. Zuko's eyes looked from her face to her bandaged skin. "When was the last time you tended to your wounds?"

"You mean the wounds you caused me? I haven't unwrapped them since your uncle took care of me. I don't want to see the damage you did, I know it's permanent." Rein sighed, she sounded more defeated than angry, which shocked the Prince. "Prince Zuko, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this but I'm not going to run away. Just please let me off this ship, I'm going stir crazy."

His eyes softened for a second before returning to his usual scowl. "This is Fire Nation territory, if they see an airbender they will kill you. They'll steal you right from under my nose and I can't let that happen."

"Work with me here, Zuko." Rein begged. "Can't you get me Fire Nation clothing? I'll blend right in and no one will even look twice at me."

"I doubt that." He mumbled.

"What was that?" Rein asked, barely hearing what he whispered.

"Nothing, Kireina. I'll see if I can find something for you to wear, stay in my room." Zuko demanded, pushing her onto his bed. "I'll be right back, don't move." He stared at her for a few seconds before leaving.

Rein sighed again and got up, walking about Zuko's room to snoop through his things. She approached his desk, sifting through his papers and opening drawers trying to find anything interesting. Most of his notes contained village names with checks next to them along with numerous maps of the nations, all of which dated back about three years.

"You've been at this for a while, haven't you Zuko?" Rein whispered to herself, reading off the villages on the lists. All the way at the bottom were the words 'South Pole' still in semi wet ink.

"What are you doing? Are you snooping through my things?" Zuko reappeared, throwing the clothing on his bed and hurrying over to Rein. He shuffled all the papers laying about into a pile, shoving them into one of the drawers. He pointed to the red and black clothing on his bed, "Change, now."

"In front of you? Do you want a show?" Rein teased, crossing her arms and jutting her hip out. Although he tried to hide it, a blush formed on the Prince's cheeks. Kireina noticed his red face and smirked, loving the effects she had on the teen. She's made him angry, annoyed, and now, embarrassed.

"Just get dressed and meet Uncle and I outside."

Rein chuckled and changed into her new clothes, the red feeling like a foreign color to wear after dressing in orange garbs for one hundred and sixteen years. With one last look in the mirror, she exited the chamber and made her way to where Iroh and Zuko stood at the end of the ramp. She noticed them talking to another firebender, taking note of his obnoxious sideburns.