•C h a p t e r T h i r t y - F i v e•

Song for chapter thirty five: Addicted by Shaun Frank and Violet Days (Represents Aden and Skyler really well!)

(Represents Aden and Skyler really well!)

|Skyler|

It was a struggle to bring both Ryan and Josie back to their houses, mostly because they were both pretty much knocked out cold. Aden and I had no clue how much they drank, but it was clear they'd have a killer hangover tomorrow.

Aden stopped his car in front of my apartment building as it neared one o' clock in the morning. The streets were just about empty, besides the occasional person who was also rushing home. I looked over at Aden as I unbuckled my seat belt. The dim streetlights casted shadows across his face, highlighting his features. And suddenly, I didn't want to leave him just yet.

"Can you stay the night?" I found myself asking.

He smiled, turning off the engine of his car. "Sure."

We tiptoed through the main floor, not wanting to attract unwanted attention or get cornered by the security guard that stayed in the building late at night. When we finally reached the elevator, I gave him the rundown.

"Okay, Aunt Claire is home. Probably sleeping, so we have to be really quiet," I told him. "Like not a word, she doesn't know I'm dating someone yet."

Aden had an amused expression written on his face. "Okay, got it."

The elevator doors swung open and we stepped off. I quickly slid my keys into the keyhole and opened the door, allowing Aden to step in first and I followed after him. Aunt Claire was already asleep, so it was relatively easy to shove Aden into my room without making any noise.

All I could think of was the fact that if Aunt Claire was my mother, and she found out Aden was staying the night, I would be six feet under. My mother was strict, and if I was ever out with another guy I had a curfew of eight at night.

I switched on the light after I closed my door, turning back to Aden.

"Okay, so got any clothes I could borrow for the night?" he asked jokingly as he plopped down onto my bed.

"Here," I smirked, "this'll do just fine." I opened my drawer and tossed him the first tank top I laid my hands on, an old hot pink one that had gotten way to small for me to wear in public.

"Hmm, I think I'll pass," he picked up my shirt, twirling it around in his fingers before setting it aside. "I wouldn't mind seeing it on you though," he smirked. I rolled my eyes, though I was secretly contemplating if it would be a good idea or not. He stood up from the bed, pulling his shirt over his head before setting it aside.