CHAPTER TWO

I finished my chores early so I snuck away to my usual empty spot and began waterbending, this time I made a bubble of water and let it float above me only slowly adding water to it.

I thought about Katara and Aang, she really seemed to trust him even though they just met. Sokka on the other hand didn't seem to trust him at all still believing the boy was some Fire Nation spy. As for me? I stood in the middle, leaning more to the not so much. I didn't want to put all my trust in him like Katara did, which is weird for me because I don't usually trust people even a little bit but something about him made me trust him.
As I was thinking to myself I watched the water turning into ice in a curved line taking shape of something, I couldn't tell what it was and I didn't have time for any guesses because my focus was pulled to a Fire Nation flare shooting up into the sky and slowly falling after a certain point. My eyes narrowed. It came from the abandoned ship that we weren't allowed to go in but I only feared of other Fire Nation ships being in the water.
   The village.
I threw the rest of the water back into the ocean and started running back to the village, using ice for a boost and snow to slide down getting to the group faster.

"What happened?" I asked Sokka and he only shrugged he walked along with the villagers and we stopped when we saw Katara and Aang.
   The flare was still slowly falling by now. Some of the kids cheered and ran towards Aang happily, but Sokka, the adults, and elders weren't as happy.

"I knew it!" Sokka sternly said. "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?!"

"Aang, didn't do anything, it was an accident." Katara stood up for Aang.

"Yeah," Aang spoke. "We were on this ship and it was booby trapped and well....we...we boobied right into it."

"Plus why would Aang, signal the Fire Navy?" I cut in and they looked at me. "He's an airbender, remember?"

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship!" Gran-Gran scolded her. "Now we could all be in danger!"

"Don't blame Katara, I brought her there." Aang said and lowered his head. "It's my fault."

"Aa ha!" Sokka exclaimed pointing to Aang "The traitor confesses! Warriors away from the enemy, the foreigner is banished from our village." The children walked over back to their parents.

"Sokka you're making a mistake!" Katara spoke.

   "No! I'm keeping my promise to dad, I'm protecting you and Kaida from threats like him!" He pointed to Aang who looked confused.

"Aang, is not our enemy!" Katara yelled and lowered her voice. "Don't you see? Aang, brought us something we haven't had in a long time. Fun!"

"Fun?! We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Sokka argued.

"You should try it some time." Aang said with an innocent smile.

"Get out of our village! Now." Sokka growled the last part.

"Grandmother please!" Katara pleaded. "Don't let Sokka, do this."

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden." Gran-Gran replied. "Sokka is right, I think it'd be best if the airbender leaves."

"Fine! Then I'm banished too!" Katara yelled and looked at me as if asking me to follow them. "Come on Aang, let's go!" She pulled the kid by the wrist walking to the giant animal.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Sokka asked.

"To find a waterbender! Aang, is taking me to the North pole!" Katara answered, hurt laced in her harsh tone.