chapter 4 | Aspectabund

"Maybe...he didn't yell at me..." she grips her forearm but kneads it nervously, her eyes directed down to the floor again. Noticing that she's not saying anything more, I take my glasses off and stand up to head towards her with my drink still in my hold, I sit down next to her and stare to make her know I won't let this go. "He never keeps his hands to himself, so if he touched you, you can tell me."

She turns her head to look at me but only focuses on my hands and forearms. Just by the way she's looking, I can see she's scanning my tattoos. "He...he slapped me but...then grabbed me under my skirt...before going away..."

I sigh from wrath but deviate my eyes from her, I can only clench my jaw and not show my anger to her. "How the fuck can he do this...?" I bite my lips but regret cursing in front of her. I really hate that guy since I first came here, he's a disgusting pervert, macho, and sexist who think women are made to be used as sex toys. "Whenever you see him in the hallways or somewhere else, you get in my office without knocking on the door. Okay?"

She nods but offers me a little smile to show she's relieved to hear those reassuring words. This is like a little 'thank you' for me, it relieves some of my stress when I see a woman feel safer with me. I feel like I'm doing a good job as a man.

"Do you want a hot chocolate to comfort yourself?" I grin but move my cup towards her. She ate with the spoon I used yesterday, so I don't think this will make her uncomfortable to drink after me. "No, it's fine. That's yours."

"If you want it, take it," I hold the cup where it is, but since she must see I'm a bit stubborn, she takes it and thanks me cutely. "You can drink everything if you want, I hope it's sweet enough for you," I look at her, and she confirms that the drink is perfect, so I tuck my hands in my pockets and lean back, staying by her side after what happened to her. "I don't know how you react to this type of incident, but do not let this disturb your mind, alright? He's an asshole and he's going to pay for that. Trust me."

"If it was just a little touch I would have been okay but...he was a bit violent and...that's the first time it happened to me so...I feel weird..." she gazes into the cup, her voice sounding way quieter and more sorrowful. The fury inside of me is boiling up so much, I don't know if I'll be able to not beat him up at the end of this day.

If there's one thing in this life that can make me get violent, it's when a man harasses a woman, child, or animal. I cannot stand this.

"But he didn't do anything more...so maybe I shouldn't complain..." she speaks horrible words as if this wasn't serious enough for her to have the right to feel like that. "Of course you should complain. It's your body, he didn't just touch you, he harassed you sexually like a damn asshole. Do not ever believe you should keep quiet or not say anything, you have to talk about it and you can complain and feel hurt or uncomfortable."

She takes a gulp of her drink but remains silent. I don't let the quietness linger in this room, I move forth and bring one hand to her back. "Your father told me he gave you my number, so if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message or call me. All right?"

"Thank you," she smiles at me. "My father is always away, and since I'm not the type of girl who goes out...I don't really have any good friends, so I have no real friends to talk to...I'm just scared to annoy people."

"You'll never annoy me, don't worry about that. I'm always there for people, but I'm always the one getting pushed away, so I'll never mind talking to you, no matter what this is about," I put her at ease as much as possible, willing to show her she has someone by her side.

No matter the age gap between us, we get along and I just feel the need to protect her. And her father counts on me to do it, so I'm doing it. "And your dad told me you would stay with me for a week because he's leaving the country with your mother?" I take my hand away from her, even though I saw a certain soothe in her body when it got into contact with her. It's like if all her limbs relaxed once I touched her.