CHAPTER FIVE

We walked into a tent and listened to Zhao go on about a plan. "And by years end the Earth Kingdom capital will be under our rule." He said. "The Fire Lord will finally claim victory in this war."

"If my father thinks that the people will just follow him willingly than he is a fool!" Zuko said bitterly.

I sat on the floor as they spoke, Iroh was looking at the weapons when Zhao asked Zuko how his search for the Avatar was going, in which the weapons were knocked over. Iroh took the blame even though it really was his fault and we all knew that but I felt bad because they were horrible liars and maybe should have came up with a story before we arrived.
Zuko explained how they haven't found the Avatar yet. I slowly sipped at the tea looking between the two. Zhao told him that the Avatar was dead along with the other airbenders and Zuko glanced over at me before Zhao asked if he found evidence to prove otherwise in which Zuko denied.

"Come on Uncle, Peasant. We're going." Even after I yelled at him, he's still calling me peasant! That jerk! Iroh helped me up.

The guards blocked Zuko off as another told Zhao that the crew confirmed he had the Avatar. I strolled over to Zuko's side, knowing he was already angry.

"Guess you should have kept an eye on your own crew, eh?" I asked strolling back to my spot next to Iroh.

"Now remind me, how exactly was your ship damaged?" Zhao asked.

I thought about Sokka and how I would tease him if this were his case. "Bet you'd wish I was on that boat now huh?" I asked getting a glare shot at me.

We were sat down after they told them about what happened and who the Avatar was.

"So a twelve year old boy, bested you and your firebenders?" Zhao asked pacing in front of  Firebrain. "You're more pathetic than I thought."

Now I was confused. I noticed how Zhao had such little respect for the boy and I get it's because he's just a kid but you'd think he'd treat the future Fire Lord better, since we arrived he had been belittling the teenager.

"I underestimated him once but I will not let it happen again!" Zuko told him.

"No, it will not! Because you won't have a second chance." Zhao told him.

Zuko tried getting up. "Commander Zhao, I've been hunting the Avatar for two years and I-"

"And You Failed!" Zhao lit fire across us, making Zuko sit down and he walked over. "Capturing the Avatar is too important to leave in a teenagers hands! He's mine now!"
Zuko tried lunging at the Commander but two guards held him back. "Keep them here." Zhao ordered and left.

Zuko kicked the table over and Iroh asked for more tea. I sat next to Iroh across from Zuko. Nobody wanted to say anything at this point, I mean Scar-Face was already cranky and in a bad mood and anything would trigger him to blow up, especially if I said anything.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

Zhao soon came back into the tent. "My search party is ready. Once I'm out to sea my guards will escort you back to your ship and you'll be free to go."

"Why?" Zuko asked. "Are you worried I'll try and stop you?"

Zhao laughed. "You? Stop me? Impossible."