Nightmare Part 2

Leo's POV:
"TESSA, wake up......TESSA".

Cora and I are desperately trying to wake up Tessa from this nightmare. She's screaming. Crying. Thrashing all around the bed. Coras whispering sweet soothing words trying to wake her up.

I'm doing everything I possibly can to keep myself together right now. It's breaking my heart. Shes absolutely terrified and there's nothing I can do to protect.

I'm failing. Again. I can't protect her from this. It's my job to do so and I still get do it.

After one last blood curt king scream, Tessa flies up into a sitting position on bed.

Coras holding her and cradling her to her chest, still whispering soothing words and rubbing her back. Tessa's crying but they're muffled thanks to Coras shirt.

"I'm so so s-sorry. I didn't mean to wake you all up. I'm so sorry" Tessa cries out quietly.

Cora speaks up: "no Tessa. It's okay. You didn't wake us up. We weren't in bed yet. You did nothing wrong".

I look behind me and see my brothers all standing there. Cole looks concerned, Jaxon looks like he is going to start crying, while Lijah has his hands in fists. He is about to yell and make things worse. I know my brother. He doesn't remain any harm but Tessa can't handle anymore anger or outbursts right now.

Leo: "boys. Go to your rooms. Now".

They all left, lijah glaring at me before turning away.

I look back at Tessa. I sit down on her bed.

Tessa has finally calmed down. Cora looks up to me with pleading eyes.

Leo: "Cora can you please grab Tessa some water".
She stands up to leave and closes the door behind her.

I look at Tessa. She's fidgeting with her hands. A nervous tick I notice she does.

Leo: "hey bambina"

Tessa: "I'm so sorry Leo. You can send me back. You shouldn't have to put up with me, I'm just a problem".

Leo: "Tessa. Don't you dare say that. Don't ever speak like that. You are my baby sister. You mean the world to your brothers and I. We love you more then life itself. Bambina. I am here for you. We all are. We are going to battle your demons, problems and nightmares together. Starting now. I love you Tessa. Forever and always".

Next thing I know she leaps into my arms.

Tessa: "forever and always Leo".

My heart swelled. She would repeat it back to me when she was very little. Hearing it again made a few stray tears fall from my eyes.

I feel Tessa's heartbeat slow down. She breaths slower. She's calm. She's fallen back asleep.

I rubbed her back. And stay with her through the night.

The next morning was tiring. I didn't sleep much, nervous that Tessa would have another nightmare.

I went into the kitchen where Cole already had my coffee and breakfast for everyone ready.

Everyone sat down and ate. Cora wheeled Tessa in and she ate about half her meal. I was proud. I know she can't stomach much. Cora gave Tessa her meds and helped her back into bed. She came back out before I went to my office and kissed me in the cheek. When she went to turn around, when I pulled her back and smashed my lips on hers.

I pull back and gently caress her check.

Leo: "you are my saving grace Cora Rose".

Cora: "I will always be here for you. And I love her already".

TIME SKIP 6 weeks