ix. the other world part one

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER NINE:

THE OTHER WORLD PART ONE

The Other World was the same as it always was when Aurora, Louis and Damien arrived in it.

     When the three of them landed down onto the hard concrete ground outside Twelve Grimmauld, instantly she knew that the portal had opened to her will power. Her first thought was proudness over the fact she actually did open it. Considering she had only been practicing her magic for a little while now, to be able to open the portal was quite big for her. Damien came tumbling out of the massive spiral of colors and claimed that he needed several moments before he would be able to walk again. Her second thought was how miserable she remembered this place: she wished she would have forgotten what it was like but she never did.

   Damien was sitting against the wall and trying to catch his breath whilst she was looking at the burnt building of twelve Grimmauld in question. She remembered her time spent back there in the real world. She remembered sharing her first hug with Sirius there and spending time bonding with him there, the first time she saw Harry after they kissed, it being the first place she found herself able to sleep in without constant nightmares (there were some but not many, probably because she knew Sirius was down the hall and there if anything happened) and it being the place she found out about her powers.

She kept her eyes on the building and realised she had been zoning out whilst Damien spoke to her about their plan, he said something about walking rather than opening another portal. However she was too focused on the building, it sat there, covered in black, empty and unoccupied. She remembered blowing it apart with the final members of Marcos' following before finally getting rid of Marcos once and for all.

     She had to remind herself that Beckham was still under the impression that she did not kill Marcos, and that she left him out here to die. He had no idea. She never told him the truth.

    Another lie she was telling.

"How did that happen?" Damien questioned, pulling her out of her constant pounding thoughts. "Presumably you by the way you've been staring at it for the last five minutes."

      "Correct."

       Damien thought of the small details Beckham explained to him about her life. He did not go into much detail, but mentioned she used to be rather disclosed about herself and had returned to that again. "Why did you choose to open the portal here?"