Chapter 6: The Tale of Erin and Oliver

For Theo's plan to actually work, I needed to be on speaking terms with Erin. The only way to do that was to admit I was wrong, which I hate doing. Then, I have to tell her I was jealous, which is a lie.

I quickly put my stuff in my locker and my hurrying almost made me miss the small box in the bottom of my locker. I pick it up to see that it's the new iPhone. I stare at it with confusion as I open the box to see if this is a joke, when a playing card flutters to the ground. I bend down and pick it up and over the ace of spades a giant A is written in Sharpie while in the corner of the card it said: Plan.

Plan A.

I flip it around and it read:

P.S. Your phone was a piece crap and you knew it.

P.S.S. And before you accuse me of being a stalker again, I asked someone where your locker was.

I find myself laughing and suddenly stop. Nothing was funny about this, especially the part about me documenting Erin's whereabouts to this guy. Speaking of which, I had a job to do. I go on a hunt to find Erin and after that little gift, I don't have that much time to kill, so it was most unfortunate when someone threw their arm around me.

"How is my second favorite girl?" Axel says as he pulls me to his side.

Axel went to Paris for a month because his mom is a famous fashion designer and she wanted him to model for her. It was no secret Axel was super hot, but it was also no secret he was taken by his former childhood friend. That's right, after three years of drama between Katherine and Axel, they admitted they loved each other and started dating.

"I'm relatively okay." I answer honestly. I turn around and hug him. "But I'll admit you were greatly missed."

Axel pats my back and I pull away. "I'm glad I was missed, but why are you only 'relatively' okay?"

This was hard. Axel was one of my best friends... But the tale of Erin and Oliver is not mine to tell.

"Erin and I got in a fight and I can't find her." I frown as Axel pats my head.

"No worries, Teabag, I got this."

I roll my eyes at the nickname as he disappears down the hall.

"Teagan!" I hear Alec call from behind me.

Wow, I sure am popular today. Figures the day where I needed all the time I usually had in the mornings, it was being taken up by every possible person I knew.

"Hey Alec." I smile, even though I'm really not in the smiling mood right now.

"So," He stops in front of me and looks at the ground, shuffling his feet. "I was, um, wondering about those concert tickets next week..." He trails off.

My immediate answer was no. But as I opened my mouth to tell him so I found it hard. It was my senior year and I had only dated one guy in the ninth grade. What was so bad with going on a date with Alec?

"Sure." I say, this one being a real smile. "Just text me and we can figure it out."

Alec grins brightly before nodding. "Got it."

He walks down the hall and I watch him go, just in time to make eye-contact with Julia. Her scowl is very clear to see and I just turn my head and ignore her. I couldn't deal with another person.

Just as I have completely given up and about to head to class in defeat, Axel rounds the corner of the hall with Erin linked in his arm. As they approached I contemplated making a run for it, or just carrying out what I had set to do in the first place. If this is what it took for her to forget about Oliver, then I'd do it.