CHAPTER FOUR

__________________________It's been a couple of weeks and Edward wasn't lying

It's been a couple of weeks and Edward wasn't lying. He never came back. She did however get a few text messages from him every couple of day's, though she never answered him.

Instead she spent her days as she usually did. Ignoring everyone's existence and finding new places to venture off to in her free time.

One thing she did happen to notice was Jasper Hale. He stared at her whenever she actually showed up to the cafeteria and the whole class period. He never said anything though, and she liked it that way.

When Olivia and Bella get out of the old orange truck Olivia turns her head to see her sister staring across the parking lot.

Curiously she follows her line of vision to see Edward Cullens Volvo parked in its usual spot.

Sighing in annoyance she can only hope the bronze haired male doesn't approach her again. She had enough of him to last a life time.

Suddenly she feels like she's being watched and she turns her head to see Alice Cullen and Jasper Hale staring holes into her head.

Meeting their gaze with her one stone cold gaze they reluctantly look away, whispering among themselves.

Walking through the halls she suddenly feels like she smashed her head on a brick. Before she can fall backwards, stone cold hands grab her waist in a way that makes her automatically panic.

Pushing the body infront of her as far away from her as she can she's slammed to the floor. Not really feeling much pain she looks up to see the shocked face of Edward Cullen.

Groaning in annoyance she grits out. "Leave me alone."

"Why'd you push yourself away so fast?" He questions with a tilt of his head. Trying to get into the mind of Olivia Swan. Only wincing when he receives a small headache once again.

"Why can't you leave me alone?" She throws her hands in the air annoyed.

"Because for some reason I want to protect you. I want to keep you safe." Edwards truthfully responds, studying her face for anything that could give him answers.

"Yeah, well stop. I don't need your protection." She snaps and begins walking away. Edward doesn't follow her, figuring that she needs time to herself.

"Why are you so protective over her?" He hears from behind him. Turning around he's met with the black eyes of Jasper Hale and the light yellow ones of Alice Cullen.

"I don't know." Edward mutters.

"She's not even your mate." Jasper hisses lowly.

"Her mates not doing anything to actually help her, is he?" Edward hisses in annoyance before stomping away, slamming his shoulder into Jaspers on his way out.

Sitting down at her usual seat in history she's startled when she hears an unfamiliar voice. "Hello."

She turns her head to be met with nearly black eyes that make her breath hitch. She only nods in response.

"I'm Jasper Hale." He introduces, holding his breath so that he wouldn't end up attacking his mate.

"Olivia Swan." She mutters lowly, turning her attention back towards the window.

"You like the rain?" He questions, grasping at straws to keep their conversation going.

"I guess so." She shrugs, keeping her attention towards the dark clouds that promised heavy rain.

"Is that why you moved to Forks?" He pushes, curious to know more about the human.

"Nope." She says simply.

"You don't talk much do you?" He says curiously.

"I'm unwillingly forced to talk enough as it is thanks to your brother." She says with narrowed eyes now on the blonde boy.

Jasper lets out a low growl not noticeable to the human ears. "I don't know why he's so interested in you."

A bit offended she scoffs. "Why are you talking to me if you're so repulsed by me?"

Before he can answer and tell her he was anything but repulsed the bell rings and shes out of the door before he can even comprehend what was happening.

Walking through the halls trying to find her he steps outside of the main entrance in time to see her pushing her sister out of the way of a big van sliding towards them thanks to the black ice.

Looking towards his siblings across the lot he notices their panicked eyes. Before he even has a chance to save his mate edward is barreling through the parking lot and blocking her from the van with his bare hand.

Instantly snarling protectively he is held back by Emmett and Alice. "Mine." He snarls.

"Shh. Shh. She's safe now, let's go." Alice soothes her best friend. Though she wondered the same exact thing. Why was Edward so attached to both Swans?

Olivia lifts her fizzy head to see Edwards whole body shielding her from the van and a dent the size of his hand now in the Vans side.

"How..." she trails off before he swiftly leaves the scene with out anyone noticing him.

"Olivia!" Bella screams as she comes around the van that she sister had saved her from. "Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine." Olivia assures as Bella brings her into a rare warm hug.

She looks towards the other side of the parking lot as she's being brought into the ambulance only to see that every single Cullen was gone.