Chapter 2

𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘂 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻....

She wasn't the only one who noticed the little changes Rintarou displayed. Every day as they walked to school, the sparks between them and the shining lights they used to have aren't there anymore. The others weren't blind to notice how Michiru failed miserably to put a smile on the boy's face.

But no one dared to ask.

It wasn't their place to do so.

Inarizaki's Perfect Girl walked down the hall, gracing each of the students with her presence but today was a bit different. Her usual peaceful and serene aura was nowhere to be found. In place of her signature smile were furrowed brows and misty eyes daring to tear up any moment.

Following behind her is a plain-faced Rintarou, with earphones plugged in both of his ears. Not knowing what might have happened, the other students pitied Michiru. All of them could see the pain etched on her tear-stained face, all of them except Suna himself.

The boy walked behind his girlfriend with an uncaring expression on his face, despite knowing fully that he was the reason she was crying. He couldn't bring himself to say sorry because it would mean revoking what he said. 

Well, what did he even say?

Let's go back a few minutes ago. 

The perfect couple of Inarizaki walked down the road with hands barely intertwined, Michiru being the only one holding on the boy's long slender hands. It's been 3 weeks since he started acting like that, and boy was it hard to keep the act up. 

Michiru tugged on the boy's sleeve, an adorable smile plastered on her lips, "Ne Rin, shall we go on a date tomorrow? You don't have practice, right?" the female suggested, fully hoping that he would at least agree to her wishes. 

Rintarou threw her a brief look before shrugging, "I don't know" was his cold reply, eyes returning back to the road. The cool spring breeze their cheeks, as silence ruled between the two. 

It was getting harder for Michiru to tolerate his words and attitude. It took longer for her to swallow her pride and get over his overly painful replies, but in the end, she still couldn't ask what was wrong. Even if she did, Rintarou couldn't have answered. 

How was he supposed to tell her that he's fed up with her when she's done nothing wrong?

"Ne Rin!" the female tried again, yet another futile attempt, "Do you think we should go the aquarium tomorrow? Or maybe watch a movie! You like watching movies, right?" Michiru beamed, pulling him back lightly to face her. The empty look in his eyes ran shivers down Michiru's back. 

Words weren't needed for her to understand that the boy didn't want to deal with any of her shit. She kept her mouth shut as they both continued walking. The sound of the heels of their shoes hitting the ground was getting louder and louder as they neared Inarizaki. 

Rintarou would glance over his shoulders to check on her as they strode alongside each other. Taking in her attractive features, she was beautiful as usual but the strong pull he once felt for her is weakening. The boy began thinking of ways to get away from her, to be alone for once.

Why is he getting so assured that he's going to be fine without her? She did nothing wrong. She was indeed a perfect girl and girlfriend. He couldn't ask for more. He was aware that she's trying her best for the two of them. 

But it seems like these past weeks are enough for Rintarou to come to a final conclusion. 

This relationship isn't going to last any longer. He no longer wants her. 

The boy turned his heel and faced Michiru, saying the words that terrified the female, "Michiru, let's break up"

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r