Chapter 16

Luke POV

I hope this works out. I say to myself.

I deactivate and reactivate my ability, this time focusing all of my energy on Volcan. In the momentary shock of being weakened even more for Volcan and getting the entirety of their strength back for Glace, I swing my left hand dagger at Volcan's left side, and she dodges to her right. Exactly what I hoped for. Pivoting on my left foot, I drop to one knee and slice clean through the back of her ankle, forcing her to collapse to the ground. Can't believe that actually worked. I say to myself, turning to Glace, who was now rushing at me, backed by hundreds of tiny shards of ice. Shit. I say to myself, trying my best to decrease his strength, to little avail. The number of icicles dwindles, but not enough. As the first of them is about to reach me, a red beam suddenly appears, going straight through both of Glace's legs, breaking his concentration, dissolving almost all of the icicles. The few that don't dissolve are easy enough to parry with my daggers, before I rush toward Glace, bashing him in the face with the pommel of my dagger, knocking him out. "Thanks." I mutter into the microphone. "What the hell did you think was going to happen?!!?" Blyke and Isen scream through the earpiece in perfect unison as I walk back over to Volcan, swiftly knocking her out as well. As the adrenaline leaves my system, I start to feel multiple wounds, all over my body: my arms, legs, stomach and chest have numerous cuts, scrapes, and bruises all over them. Damn. They got me good. I say to myself, sitting down. I'm getting really tired. I say to myself, fading into unconsciousness from the pain of my wounds and strain of using so much power for so long, barely hearing Blyke and Isen continuing to berate me through the earpiece.

Isen POV

"Damn it! He's unconscious." I say to Blyke, also getting the attention of Remi, who had, instead of following Luke's instructions, rushed to join Blyke and Isen on a nearby rooftop. "Let's go get them." She says, dropping to the street below. "Hey! Wait for us!" Blyke and I say, rushing down to ground level. When we reach the site of the battle, we sheathe Luke's daggers before Remi picks him up and calls John. "Hey, John, we need you and Seraphina to come here, ASAP." We hear her say. "XX West road." She says, giving John our location. Moments later, both he and Seraphina arrive on the scene, thanks to her ability. "What the hell happened here?" John asks. "I vote we call the Authorities and let them deal with these two, while we book it back to campus and get Elaine to heal him." I say when we finish explaining the situation. "I second that." Blyke says. "No." John and Remi respond in unison. "No Authorities." John says. "And why's that?" I ask. "Long story." He responds. "Either way, he would agree with me." He continues, gesturing towards Luke. "How do you know that?" Blyke questions. "Longer story, and I don't even know all the details myself." John says stubbornly. "Fine then, no Authorities. How do you suggest we get THEM back, then?" I ask, gesturing to the criminals lying on the street. "Sera and I will bring them back, you just get Luke back." He responds, hoisting the male onto his shoulder without much difficulty. "What are you waiting for?" He asks. "Right. Let's get going!" I say, picking up Luke.

Bonus

Name: Luke Buck
Ability: Aura Channelling
Level: 8.8
Physical Description: 6'5", Midnight blue hair, Slate gray eyes, Wears vest, jacket and tie with uniform.
Ability Description: Aura Channelling allows the user to completely control the flowing of auras in the immediate vicinity. They can enhance, weaken, or nullify abilities as long as they are powerful enough. They can also "overload" an area of an opponent's body, causing excruciating pain in the specified area. They can also force others to activate their abilities, using other's energy as if it was their own.
Passive: Aura sensing

I never thought this would get many views, and it's only been like, 1 - 2 weeks and it's got more than 400!? Thank you, generic strangers and people that I have had pleasant discussions with in comments!