Becoming a Crowd

The next morning Felix opened his eyes and blinked them several times. Above him was an unfamiliar ceiling painted in what he could only describe as a tragic story depicting a small girl fighting for her life. He had no idea who would even paint such gory things above a bed, or really anywhere for that matter.

"It's strange looking isn't it?" His head whipped towards the voice so quickly it was a miracle it didn't snap. There in a chair beside the bed sat Morgianna as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. From her disheveled appearance and red-rimmed eyes he guessed that she had stayed by his throughout the night.

After a moment of staring at her in wonder he finally found his voice. "Yes." He swallowed his saliva needing her to finally answer his questions. "What is even stranger is to find me here and not at home when that is usually your go-to."

Morgianna rolled her eyes internally at his indirect way of asking. "If I took you home now you would be in even more danger than staying with me. Angeline saw you, attacked you because you are important to me. I am sorry to inform you but you will not be able to return home until I stop it."

"What exactly is it that you intend to stop?" The question passed his lips before he could even stop himself.

With a dangerous look in her eyes Morgianna looked beyond Felix and out the bedroom window. "I am going to stop the end of the world." She turned back to Felix and he could see the serious look in her eyes. What had his baby sister gone through to think she had to stop the end of the world?

He wanted to tell her she was overreacting and that everything would be fine when a voice resounded through his head. 'Listen to what she says. She was born with a large burden placed upon her shoulders that one day will crush her if she is not careful.'

Felix looked around with gusto as if someone was hiding and playing a prank but could not see anyone. "D-did you hear that?"

Morgianna patted his knee in understanding. "I am assuming grandma is talking to you. Tell her I said hello and that I am still mad about her last piece of advice."

"G-grandma!?"

'Yes, you may call me grandma, but I am named Tadea. It is a pleasure to speak to you. I am the goddess of life and death and due to my mistakes years ago the world is in danger. Unfortunately my blood did not awaken within you and the curse of a task fell to Morgianna.' Felix was dumbstruck at everything he was hearing. He was looking at Morgianna as if he was seeing her for the first time.

It was at that moment that Tadea spoke into both of their heads at once, her voice sounding far away. 'Morgianna tell him what you feel he will need to know. He will be of more help with you as an ally than pushing him away. The future that would have been is only what you make it. Felix, do not be upset with her for just trying to keep you safe, it wasn't time for you to join her yet. You are stronger now.'

Both stood awkwardly after her voice faded away. It seemed there was more to talk about than they had time. Finally being unable to take the silence Morgianna and Felix both try to talk at the same time. "Felix." "Mor."

Felix gives his sister an awkward smile before urging her to go first. He was curious to know everything starting at the beginning all the way to now but he wouldn't push her. He was here now and he could wait a day or two.

Morgianna racked her brain on what she should even tell her brother and finally settled on everything. Maybe not all once but one day she wanted there to be no secrets. "Felix, I am sure you know that I am different. Whether that be magic or who I hang out with. I was constantly disappearing on you and for that I am sorry, but it was all for good reason. Grandma Tadea saw what would happen to me so she took my soul and put me in another world. I died there not much older than I am now...when that happened she took that as a chance to bring me back here... Where I was always meant to be. It was supposed to be a way to kill two birds with one stone. I would get a second chance to be stronger and change my fate, while also saving the world. There is a man, well he was a God and his name is Eltarr. He was angry that our grandmother chose a human to be with and decided he would end the world and start a new one keeping the races pure."

Felix who was looking at her with wide eyes would have had a hard time believing her if not for the voice he had clearly heard in his head. "I never heard about an angry God almost ending the world..."

"That was because the gods and goddess that we thought had left long ago had not. They lived among us and used their power to seal Eltarr and erase the memories of everyone. It came at a price though and that was that they would have to leave the mortal plane. Now Angeline is going to release him and the Gods aren't here to stop him." At Morgianna's words it was as if a lightbulb turned on.

Grabbing her shoulders he lightly her. "You can't tell me they expect you to fight a God!! You are still a child, I won't stand for it. I will fight him myself." Felix was getting more worked up the more he thought about it. His precious baby sister being sent like a lamb to the wolf.

Any more information and Morgianna feared her brother's brain would explode. She could practically see smoke coming out of his ears. Watching her strength she took both his hands and stopped him from shaking her. Then as if picking up a sack of feathers she lifted him up and deposited him back into his bed. "I know it is a lot, but I think that is enough for now. I will get you something to eat so stay here and rest. When you get up I need you to write to those pesky princes and tell them not to follow us. If they do it could end up with them dying and I don't want any more unknown variables."

Having said her piece Morgianna turned to leave but stopped cold at Felix's next words. "Yeah about that... We were working together so they already knew where you were as well. They only let me go alone so that we wouldn't freak you out. They probably already found this location." He looked guilty and scratched his head.

As if to prove his words, Morgianna heard what sounded like a herd of cattle running through the hall getting close to her location. With her advanced hearing she picked out 7 distinct pairs of shoes slapping against the floor all of which she already had guessed the owners. Gritting her teeth she turned to the door moments before it slammed open.

Standing there in the doorway was the six crown princes and a very upset Olive. Trying to give them a comforting smile Morgianna forced her mouth into what came off as more of her baring her fangs. If the newcomers were upset by that development they didn't show it. Their gazes ranged from amazement to downright anger at seeing her and she didn't know which one to speak to first.

____________________
Word count before note: 1325

I hope everyone is having a pleasant day. The princes and Olive have arrived on the scene and Morgianna faces more decisions. Only 16 years old and the world literally rests on her shoulders.

Hit that vote button and comment if you liked this chapter ❤