Episode 13 - A Choice Made

"The Venomari's right. By the time we cast sail clear across the other side of Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last Fangblade," Nya says with a frown.

Jay groans. "Oh, come on, guys! This is the last one. We gotta get it. We gotta think of something!"

"Hey," Lloyd pipes up. We all turn towards him. "All we have to do is just get one Fangblade to stop him. What if we take back the other three? Pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him. He's probably hidden them somewhere while he goes for the fourth."

Cole chuckles. "It's so simple!"

"Why didn't I think of that?" Kai wonders aloud.

"It cant be that easy," Jay says.

Zane looks at him with wide eyes. "Easy? My algorithms suggest taking the other three would be far more dangerous, Pythor would undoubtedly have them protected by his top generals."

Kai grins. "Finally, I don't have to hold back!"

"Even if you could steal the other three, you don't know where they are," My Father says.

Uncle Wu nods. "He's right. For the past few weeks there have been almost no Serpentine sightings. How are they moving around? It's like they're ghosts."

Nya's eyes widen and a smile jumps to her formerly frowning face. "Or snakes! Bridge, give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago."

The bridge buzzes for a moment, then a large 'X' appears on the screen next to a picture of all the snake breeds. Kai shakes his head in confusion. "See, nothing. It's like Sensei said."

"But what if they aren't traveling above ground? They're snakes, right? Snakes burrow, Nya says with a grin.  "Bridge, now give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago, but twenty feet below surface."

The computer projects a hologram of Ninjago in front of us, showing us the underground activity. There are many winding tunnels all leading to the same central zone. Many red dots, signifying snakes, are scattered around the tunnels with the majority of them being in the center cavern. My mouth falls open in shock.

"All the tombs have been interconnected," Kai mumbles.

"To make one massive underground fortress!" Cole exclaims.

Jay rolls his eyes. "And all this time, right under out noses."

Zane grins. "Or rather, feet."

I point at the main base area. "There, that's the most protected area. The Fangblades must be there."

"Then what are we waiting for? Nya, set course!" Uncle says.

Nya grins. "Already on it."

       ~

A knock sounds at my door. I look up to see my Father. "I'm here to talk about loyalty," He says.

I sit up on my bed and frown at him. "What do you mean?"

"Where do your loyalties lie?"

I pause, taken aback by his question. "With you, of course," I say, though my voice wavers with uncertainty.

My Father crosses his four arms. "You hesitated."

I gape at him. "Did not!"

"You did too. Tasha, your loyalties no longer lie with me. I can see it in your eyes. You want to be good."

"What? No, Father, I want to be evil... like you." Even I don't believe me.

My father shakes his head. "But you don't."