Chapter 14

AN: Hey guys, I hope y'all are well. I'm so sorry I haven't written in a while, I really needed a break from writing, I had this other writing thing to do. So, this will be a longer chapter, yay! Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

Recap:

Thetis noticed the tension between her sons and stood closer to them. "Figure this out. You two need each other on the same page in battle and in life." She said before kissing them each on the forehead before disappearing in sea green light.

Achilles turned to his brother, but received a hand to stop him.

"Go to your woman and release your stress. Enjoy the night and calm down. We'll talk about it another time."

Achilles gave his brother a smile before heading off to the Greek camp while Perseus sat on the beach, gathering his thoughts for the upcoming battles and his future.

Present:

Days turned into weeks turned into years. The Greeks tried over and over again to breach the Trojan walls, but were never able to break through into the city. However, the war didn't only take place outside of Troy. The Greeks found out that Troy's neighbors were supporting them, so they raided towns and villages, gaining wealth and spoils of war.

Perseus sat on the beach outside the Greek camp. His sea-green eyes once filled with mirth were now more calculating and his face battle hardened from the years of constant fighting. He and his brother had quickly become the most feared Greeks among the entire army. The Myrmidons were always the first ones in and last ones out of a battle, and usually didn't have very many casualties. However, not even the Myrmidons could breach Troy.

Agamemnon still pissed Perseus off, but he learned to tune it out and just focused on himself and his men, doing what they please during the war.

His brother Achilles had fallen in love with Brisēís, who had lost her will to return to Troy, giving her heart to the son of Thetis.

As he sat on the beach watch the waves come in, his thoughts wandered to Zoë. He wondered how she was, and how the hunt was doing. He hoped she was safe. The life of a hunter was a dangerous one, but it was safer than wandering alone, especially for a beautiful woman like Zoë. He did miss her greatly, as camp was has gotten boring after 9 years at war, but he didn't regret sending her away. However, he still loved her. In the 9 years of fighting, he never took a woman as a war prize due to his love for Zoë.

Before he could continue his musing, he heard the soft patter of footsteps. He turned around to see Patroclus sprinting towards him with a scared look on his face.

Perseus looked concerned at his friend's face as he stopped to catch his breath.

"Achilles...on a rampage...Agamemnon...took his girl," Patroclus panted. Perseus shot up and hared back towards the Greek camp. He knew what Brisēís meant to his brother, and even he didn't know what Achilles would do to get her back.

As Perseus reached their camp, it wasn't hard to spot his brother. Achilles was being held back by multiple Myrmidons as he tried to push through them to reach Agamemnon, who was standing in front of his tent with at least one hundred men guarding him.

When he reached the scene, his men parted, hoping he would stop his brother's rampage. Unfortunately for the rest of the Greeks, Perseus had no plans on stopping his brother, who broke free and rushed at Agamemnon's guards.

Before Achilles could get to the swarm, one of Agamemnon's men attacked him from behind. Before he could land a hit on the prince, Perseus came in and stabbed the guard through the chest, killing him.