i x .

Men had boasted to Marie about how sore they'd leave girls the next morning, making claims how -

"Baby, every time you move... you're gonna think about me."

The promises were empty, most likely futile attempts to make up for their weak dick game.

Nathaniel gave no warning. He didn't need to. Marie knew her shit was going to get wrecked the minute she stepped into the classroom.

It was a blessing that Marie had the weekend to recover to avoid walking around campus in discomfort. It was also a godsend that she had homework on top of homework, successfully keeping her mind off Professor Dameron.

Nathaniel Dameron.

A cruel sadist disguised as a gentleman professor.

Marie had a pit in her stomach as Monday approached, realizing she would have to sit through Nathaniel's class - in the same classroom he had made Marie tell him that she's his dirty little whore. The student cringed internally.

"You good?" Ashly's voice broke Marie's train of thought, as the beautiful blonde plopped down in the seat next to her. Marie had been busy staring at the desk at the front of the room...

"Yeah, sorry," Marie replied, running her hand through her unbrushed waves.

"You look like a mess, M," Caleb interjected playfully, sitting in the seat next to Ashly. Marie rolled her eyes.

"Sucks you couldn't come out with me and Caleb to lunch this weekend," Ashly prompted, her voice laced with playful sarcasm. "It's okay though, I know you must've had some very pressing plans..."

Ashly made an obviously targeted wink at Marie. Marie groaned, playfully nudging Ashly at her insinuation and attempting to hide her face in her sweatshirt.

"It was definitely the frat boy," Ashly remarked.

"Definitely," Caleb agreed, chuckling to himself while pulling out his laptop to do whatever last-minute homework he had due.

"No, it wasn't." Marie hated lying. But she also knew she couldn't tell the truth, so she tread carefully.

"Marie," Ashly sympathetically cooed, a mischievous grin on her face. "You're really shit at covering your hickeys."

Caleb let out a hearty laugh that had some of the other students surrounding them staring. Marie immediately put one hand up to her neck in embarrassment.

If only it was a hickey and not the skin above the airway Nathaniel had constricted so forcefully. It had completely slipped her mind to cover it up.

The thought of the bruised mark on her neck sent a rush to Marie's core.

"To catch you up, Caleb and I just talked about how hard that test was." Ashly pulled out her iPad to take notes. "I wonder if he's graded them already. I really wanna be in the top three. I've heard the conference is one of the most prestigious events the university holds... some of the best psychologists in the world are attending."

Marie had completely forgotten about the professor's proposition to invite the top three scorers to some academic event. And she was about to be reminded again as the doors to the classroom opened.

Marie didn't make eye contact. She couldn't. Instead, she opted to take a lot of interest in the drawstrings of her university branded hoodie.

The sound of Nathaniel walking down the ramp and stairs to the front of the class was enough to make Marie's thighs press together ever so slightly.