Part 3

"Beach"

"What?"

"We go to beach now," Summer announced with her Chick Fil A cup still in hand.

"Why are you talking like a 5-year-old?" Drew asked while focusing on the road.

"Drew no change subject... BEACH." Summer demanded, throwing her arms in the air.

"No, we go home and act like normal people now,"

"Yes, or I'm not getting you Cheeze Its,"

"Oh, we go to the beach now."

"Is it sad your little kid voice is less annoying than your normal voice?"

"Ouch." Drew put his hand over his heart while turning into the parking lot next to the beach. 

Summer loved the beach, she loved listening to the waves crash, feeling the sand in between her toes, and the salty smell in the air. She came to the beach as often as she could. 

As a kid Summer lived a few hours from the beach and her family would go to a small island in North Carolina every summer for a week or so. They lived in Virginia so the ride down sitting in between her two siblings was never fun. Summer knew most of the locals at the small island, which was named Topsail Island, and one summer when her family stayed for 2 months even had a summer fling with one of the boys.

Summer was pulled out of her thoughts when Drew lightly tapped her shoulder after she stopped right in front of the water, "Hey, you ok?" 

"Oh, yea I'm fine. Just think about when I would come to the beach as a kid."

"What was it like, if you don't mind me asking."

"Oh it was great, my sister, and I would always walk down the beach looking for some cute guys to talk to, even though we already knew most of the local kids. Me and my brother even had jobs down there at one point. I even had a summer boyfriend a few years ago." Summer glances over to see Drew smiling at the younger girl listening to every word she was saying. "It was great to just be a carefree teenager not having to worry about anything... oh what I would give to go back to those days."

"Why'd you stop going?"

"Well, I went to college in Florida so it was kind of a far drive, I had work and I was in a college program. And my parents started fighting a lot when we went down there because my dad would always come back super late, which we later found out meant he was having an affair." The blonde girl was now trying to keep tears from streaming down her face.

"Oh, Summer I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, it's not your fault." She couldn't help it, she let all of the tears slip out. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." The tall boy pulled the tiny figure closer to his chest as she wrapped her arms around his torso and started to let out shacky breaths and falling tears.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Summerroland

Thanks, boo bear 

Taggeddrewstarkey

573K likes 12.4k Comments

user34: Boo bear?

Summer_stan: Does this mean she was with Drew?

drewstarkey: Anytime bubs 💜

user5356: please please please date.

Madelyncline: Umm where was my invite...

summerroland: Tomorrow buttcheek

Madelyncline: Bet

Mrs.starkey: Yall are so freaking cute.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Hey, Summer." 

"Hey Drew?" the two were still sitting at the beach, the sun has been down for a few hours now, but neither insisted on moving.

"You can always talk to me... about anything."

"Thank you Drew, that means a lot." Summer looks up to meet Drew's eyes.

"And even though we've known each other for a while now, it still makes me feel happy that you felt comfortable enough to cry in front of me." Drew was right, Summer was so comfortable with this boy, she was more comfortable sometimes with him than with Madelyn and Maddie. 

Summer wasn't one to show her emotions easily, but when she did, it was rare. 

"Thank you for making me feel comfortable." Drew just placed a light kiss on top of her head without saying another word.

The two stayed sitting in each other's arms until around 1:00 in the morning when they had to sneak back into their apartment without waking Austin. 

Summer got dressed for bed and fell asleep with a smile on her face thinking about the events that took place earlier. She didn't necessarily like the crying part, but she loved the Drew comforting her part, and the staying in his arms for hours part. She loved his very presence a lot more that night, and she was slowly starting to understand why.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

𝙰/𝚗 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊