Chapter: 05

Rose's POV

My head was yet to wrap around the fact that Eran sent me a follow request as Jessica and I were chatting. I had to be day dreaming! It wasn't possible at all. This is a first! I couldn't stop blinking my eyes. "Whats up?" asked Vernica as she slidded next to me. "Eran sent me a follow request!" I said to her holding my phone to her as if it's some kind of an award, with clearly pride and surprise lacing my voice. "No way!" she replied with her eyes wide and open mouth. Who could blame her honestly? Even I can't believe my eyes!

For my assurance, I once again visit Instagram. The second I try to open the list of requests on Instagram, a weird glitch takes over my screen. I wasn't able to refresh the screen either and it started to piss me off. Are you serious? Couldn't it find any other day to crash? I rolled my eyes as Veronica said, "Damn it!" and banged her palm on my wooden floor wincing the next second out of the slight pain too. 

"Yeah! Was that like a glitch and he didn't really send that?" I asked, hoping for her to deny what I just asked. "Neh" said Veronica as my focus shifted towards my phone as it buzzed for Jessica's text.

Jessica: "Yo bro, you there?"

Me: "Yes, I'm here"

Jessica: "Okay so as I was saying. One of my friend, Eran has a strong crush on you"

My eyes shot towards Veronica as hers did the same too and we burst out into laughter, beating each other whilst cracking up. "Nope, they are not the same guy!" I said, this time not hoping for her to deny because it was all too much to take in altogether. It feels impossible! "I can't, oh my God, what is happening today, okay just act normal with her!" replied Veronica as she straightened herself barely catching some air.

Me: "Really? That's a news to me! Who's it?"
Jessica: "I don't think, you know him. Daisy knows him though!"

Holy pregnant cow

My heart skipped a beat. There is no way! This is absolutely someone else.  I have two extra-large pimples on my left cheek and I wear glasses. My body is also extremely chubby and weird. He looks like a model for Vogue, while I genuinely look like a pumpkin. "Wait, ask for his full name!" said Veronica as I quickly nodded.

Me: "No, I have never heard of him. What is his full name?"
Jessica: "Eran DSouza"

Shit...

"What is going on?!" says Veronica as I slowly turn my head to face her with my eyeballs almost oozing out. "I don't know!" I replied as we again burst out into laughter for the second time, knocking each other out. Veronica quickly gathered herself and stood up looking at me below and placed her hands on her waist like a teacher. For some reason even I placed my feet altogether and focused my eyes directly at her feeling the environment getting heavier.

"Okay, so this time things are gonna go in my way since last time you didn't listen to me and almost ended up losing your life in that lunatic's hands!" said Veronica as I nodded with urgency. She put her palms together and paced around my room thinking of a masterplan. "Okay, so pretend that you never knew that he even existed! Act like you are so hard to get and to impress" 

But I'm already impressed..

"No, you are not! That's an illusion." said Veronica as then I realized I might have talked to myself while being on the speaker. " I know you, you emotionally challenged hopeless romantic piece of a shit! I didn't hear you" 

Or maybe not..

"Alright now text her back pretending as if you didn't see this coming at all!" ordered Veronica.

Me: "No, I don't know him"
Jessica: "He might contact with you in a while"     

Me: "Yeah, I did get a follow request"

Jessica: "But I guess the Instagram crashed because I'm not able to access anything. By the way? Do you wanna give him a chance? He is a nice guy"

Oh I'm sure he is

Rose: "Umm I actually prefer staying just as friends, you know" 

"Yeah says the girl who was literally crushing on Richard the other day" mutters Veronica. "Oh shut up" I reply nudging on her hand.

Jessica: "Yes of course. I completely understand. Just talk to him and see how you feel. Take your time."
Rose: "My Instagram isn't working at all, I'm not even able to accept the follow request."
Jessica: "Yeah, Instagram's being a real pain in the ass today. Try again when it starts working again"

I closed the conversation and was able to feel the excitement and curiosity running through my veins. Everything feels way too surreal for me now. I get a crush on a guy's Instagram picture, he gets a crush on me too, and even takes an initiative to try to get to know me through Insta and here I was sneaking on his ID everyday. There was another ding on my phone as I quickly checked, only to find a notification of..

Oh my GOD

Eran..

                          *Eran D'Souza wants to send you a message*

"Go ahead, go ahead" said Veronica in a hurry as I looked up at her with an absolutely pale face as if I had just returned home witnessing a ghost ripping someone's liver out. Finally my Instagram intended to have mercy on me and allowed me to accept his follow request. Just when I was about to press the follow back button, a thing striked me. "What? Why aren't you following him back?" asked Veronica. "I think, it will look as if I'm so eager and desperate to talk to him"

She now gave me a 'damn girl now we are talking' kinda look as I winked sending a yes on her way. I let out a heavy sigh and opened the conversation as I placed my hand on my chest out. As soon as I opened the text and read the first text my mind was filled with disgust immediately. "Lmao, here we go" comments Veronica, falling back on my couch.

"Hi babes"

To be continued
Hey guys, how are you all doing? Please do leave a vote and comment down how you liked it!

Love you all ❤️