Chapter 34

Please, Forgive Me

(Y/n) laid on the couch with her hands on her chest. Her mind was racing with thoughts. She knew that Nikolas had her friends and she knew that she had to go rescue them, but that would mean fighting Nikolas himself. She wonders if she's strong enough to end his miserable life and she sighs.

Her friends were sitting away from her on the dining table, silently watching her gloomy figure. (C/n) rests on her stomach and she brings her hands down to ruffle the feline's fur. She closes her eyes and concentrates her mind to identify what was beyond the cabin.

She could feel the wind blow through the tree leaves and the soft coo of a dove. Elma had taught her that trick. Since the black-haired woman was deaf she had developed a way to sense objects around her by using her wind powers.

The way it would work was by sensing different pressures or how the wind would clash into objects. Elma had taught her how to locate her enemies using those powers. (Y/n) frowns at the memories. Anger bubbles under her skin and she clicks her tongue.

The only thing she had felt the past week was anger, fear, and sadness. Elma was killed by the hands of a friend and Ymir was probably already dead wherever the freckled girl had gone. She was slowly seeping into a depression and it was making her unstable.

She hated that she let her powers lash out violently. She could have killed one of her friends. Her frown deepens and her eyebrows furrow. She wanted to protect her friends and she repeated over in her head that she was protecting her friends. But, there was a voice in her head.

It repeated over and over and over again how she was more of a danger than anything else. She had harmed Levi when he got close to her and Sasha could have ended up dead. Eren and Historia were kidnapped and she couldn't do anything to save them.

She hears her friends talk about something and she tunes into the conversation. Hanji was talking about how becoming a titan shifter works. She explains that Ymir was most likely a titan when she came across a friend of Bertholdt's, Reiner's, and Annie's that had titan shifting abilities and ate the friend. This led to Ymir turning into a human with titan shifting abilities.

Hanji further theorizes that the government most likely took Eren to feed him to a titan so they could have a titan shifter under their control. Hanji and Moblit agree to leave the cabin to speak to Erwin. (Y/n) hears a set of footsteps nearing her and a delicate hand lays on her (s/t) forehead.

She furrows her eyebrows and slowly opens her (e/c) eyes to look up at the titan lover. Hanji gives her a sad smile, "We'll get your friends back, I promise."

(Y/n) hums in return and Hanji ruffles her hair before leaving the cabin with Moblit behind her. (Y/n) closes her (e/c) eyes again and turns to the side. (C/n) moves up to curl up next to her chest. She felt like the day after Caleb had slapped her. She felt hopeless.

Armin wanted to ask her if she was okay, but he already knew the answer to that. It was clear to everyone that (Y/n) was not okay. He wanted to comfort her, but he didn't know the secrets and memories that were plaguing her mind.

Levi stares at her back. He knew exactly what she was going through and it pained his heart. He felt like someone was torturing him every time he saw her hopeless demeanor. He sometimes thought back to the time he first saw her.

He had seen the way her personality changed over the past years. At first, she was an outspoken, brutally honest, humorous girl even though she always got in trouble for it. Then after the attack on Trost, she was more down to earth. However, after Eld's death and Ymir's decision, she had become completely torn apart.