Chapter 63

Jennie's POV

"Expecting anyone else, Chu?" I asked, gently holding her hand and caressing it. I looked at her straight in the eyes to show her how worried I was about the behavior that she has been displaying since awhile ago.

Jisoo has been fidgety ever since we started having our meal. Like she was looking for someone that wasn't here. Hurts to say that but I'll brush that off for now.

"Yes actually. Sorry, Nini. But I somehow invited Lisa and Chaeyoung here."

"Wait, Lisa and Chaeyoung..?" Realization hit me like a truck. I stood up from my seat and glared at Jisoo which made her flinch. I pointed accusingly at her before yelling, "THEY KNEW YOU WERE HERE ALL ALONG?!"

"Yes, love. Ever since the day you were obviously hiding with Hanbin behind that tree." Now, I am just plain embarrassed over what she said. She did not have to remind me of that time. It made me go guiltily insane.

"R-really?"

"Well, when you left Chaeyoung looked like she'll kill me anytime and you too. Lisa looked chill to say the least. Soojoo helped with the explaining part and now, the plan was commenced and achieved." She looked so proud over all this and I'm happy that she's happy. But then what about Soojoo?

"Soojoo... is she-."

"Don't worry. Joo-ah is already in America and she fully supports all this. She even came up with half of the plan." She reassuringly held my hand and squeezed it. To not make this awkward and frustrating anymore longer, I lifted her hand and planted a kiss on it. That always gets her to blush.

I made a note to myself since we were kids that Jisoo appreciates simple gestures than grand ones. Just like her, she's simple as she is but a dork when you really get to know her.

Some people's first impression of her is quiet and an introvert. A nerd to be frank. But how she dresses already tells you that she's not one of those brainiacs. Nope. She'll never be one of them. Instead, people are just surprised to figure out that she could be the loudest at times. And y'know.

"That's good then. Tell her that I'm thanking her for this." I gave her a playful grin making her smile on her own.

"No problem with that. We can just call her right now if you'd like, love." She was about to fish out her phone from her pocket when she noticed that I was staring at her. She hesitantly placed her hand back on the table and sheepishly smiled at me.

"Why didn't you call her?"

"Seemed like a bad idea. She must be busy right now, y'know." She shrugged, eyes wandering somewhere that is not on my direction. But the laugh she just elicited made me laugh all to myself. Obviously a nervous one.

"Your such a bottom."

Now that made her head snap at me with a face that shows 'Repeat-what-you-said-and-I'll-prove-it-to-you.' I grinned at her as if telling her that I'm seriously gonna say it again.

"You're a bottom." I said. A taunting tone present in the sentence. And now, she looked pissed and ready to do something.

"You are so gonna get it."

As soon as she stood up, I scurried away from where I was and ran as far as I can away from the monster that is about to eat me or that's how I see it.

I didn't even realize that Jisoo was already behind me when I stopped running because obviously, I was tired. She back hugged me and, at the same time, tackled me onto the ground but she hit the ground with her back first to soften my landing.