The mistake

Annie's POV
I I was so lost in thoughts, thinking of what his touch is doing to me and what his lips will do that I didn't realize mom and a strange pretty woman were watching us ...

"I think they'll make a great couple" the woman chipped in and my mom agreed and Ryan loosened his hold on me and I must confess, I was somehow sad......

" thanks" I muttered taking my eyes off his which I didn't want to do because his eyes were charming, but I had to...

"it's nothing "he replied and for some minutes we both stood there at the stairways doing nothing.... mom and the strange woman whom I perceived to be Ryan's mom cleared their throat at the same time

"guys we've got a meeting over here", mom said and with that I walked over to where they were both sited and greeted them... "good afternoon ma' I greeted with the intention of sitting close to mom on the two sitter but she pushed me off and motioned for me to go sit with Ryan which I did.

Just like I guessed mom introduced the woman as Ryan's mom and I must say she is so beautiful, no wonder Mr. grumpy is cute he takes after his Mom, especially his golden hair and eye balls

"you've become prettier than the last time I saw you "Ryan's mom said smiling at me and I couldn't help but blush... but then I actually haven't seen her before, have I? has she been keeping tabs on me?

"Ryan this is Annie; Annie this is Ryan" Ryan told me you guys have met before but I want to make this official" Ryan's mom said " the wedding will be coming up two days after your birthday, Annie that'll be the 31st of March "she added. just wait, two days after my birthday? that's exactly three days after my exams...

"but mom isn't that too close, it's just three days after my exams" I protested

"it's not Annie, after all you'll be graduating in two weeks, isn't the exam for the job you intend to apply for? "mom asked ... she was right after all, Grace and I are in our final year in college and has attended our last lectures the yesterday, the normal school exam will take a week and then we're done with college .... Asides from other things which we can do later ...

"and you don't need to worry about getting a job, Ryan and I have already decided that you'll be managing his new boutique because I won't want my daughter in law working under someone" Ryan's mom chipped in

So now they have everything planned out? Wow! Nice! I looked at Ryan who was sitting right beside me and his expression was blank, and he doesn't seem to agree with this whole marriage thing.

"so I'll be managing Ryan's boutique?" I asked trying to confirm what I heard and to also be sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me

"yes and don't worry, you only need to check the sales book and the report which most of the time can be done at home" Ryan finally spoke up ...

After a little discussion Ryan's mom said she'll be sending over her driver to our place tomorrow to pick me up so we can shop together ... why is everything happening so fast? I got to know about this whole marriage thing yesterday and now I'm going shopping with my soon to be mother in law?

" can I come over with my friend? I asked

"of course you can, it'll be good to have your friend there to choose for you, Ryan's mom answered happily, she seems to be so excited about this whole marriage thing.

"you guys can go over to Annie's room "mom said and I gave her a questioning look, what the hell are we going to do in my room?

" don't you want to know more about each other" Ryan's mom added

"of course we do" I replied faking a smile and I stood to leave

"then, why are you still sitting Ryan aren't you going with her? "his mom asked and he stood up immediately too, trailing behind me...

Ryan took his sit on my bed when we got into my room and his phone started ringing afterwards, then the suddenly became nervous... just who could the caller be? Not like I care though, just saying...