𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE:THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

THEY ALL―︎MINUS EDWARD―︎went hunting to power up for the battle. They left Edward and Bella in the home alone and hunted for hours on end. Occasionally, Emma would be mean to her brother and kill his prey before he could which always ended with her laughing at his annoyed expression. However, he couldn't really be annoyed with her mainly because he knew she was doing it to distract herself from the battle that would be coming in two days.

The family didn't come home until it was almost time for the sun to wake up. And with the spare time they had, they trained. Mainly for Emma's sanity, but also because they all needed to be sure that they could come out of this battle alive. And once they were done training, the light was in the sky and Edward and Bella were on their way to the camping ground.

Emma stood outside, focusing sorely on her magic. She wanted to find out if there was a way she could use her so-called gift without feeling like someone was taking a white-hot knife and stabbing it into her head. She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply before opening her eyes again to reveal the bright red glow of them. She stretched her magic between her two palms, watching in awe as the main ball of energy stayed in the middle while the wisps followed where her palms went.

She tried to ignore the pain that was starting to form, pushing herself further and further. The pain grew and grew, but she clenched her teeth and stood her ground. She wasn't going to let the pain win, or at least that was her plan. She kept taking deep and steady breaths that seemed to help with the pain. She kept her sore focus on the red chaos and had completely ignored it when her brother had come outside with a worried look on his face. He had felt her determination from inside, but he also felt the emotion of being hurt come from her as well. He had called out her name, but she simply ignored him and continued on her mission.

"Emma, stop. You're going to hurt yourself." Jasper pleaded, but once again he was ignored. She focused on making the energy smaller and the pain was starting to pulse inside her head. Her teeth clenched as flares of pain shot through her head like fireworks. She was going to do this, she needed to. She was so close to making the energy disappear by shrinking it, but she couldn't stand the pain anymore. She let the energy shoot at the ground in front of her as she let out a whimper of pain. Jasper sped over to her and moved her hands from her temples as he took his own hands and started to massage them for her.

"I told you to stop." Jasper scolded her. "What were you even doing?" Emma's eyes were closed as she spoke.

"I'm trying to do something, and it almost worked. I was so close." Emma muttered.

"Well, whatever you're trying to do, stop doing it." Jasper responded, a frown on his face. "You know I don't like to see you hurt, and this is purposely hurting you. So, please, for my sanity, don't do it again." Emma opened her eyes as she looked at him. His eyebrows were creased in worry and his golden eyes were glowing with care for her.

"You're so overprotective, you know that?" Emma asked with a cocked eyebrow. Jasper smirked at her.

"Yeah, I know." He dropped his hands from her temples and she sent him a thankful smile. They decided to take a walk, something that would rid of the time before the battle that was to happen the next day.

"Jazz?"

"Yeah, Em?"

"I'm scared." Emma spoke, glancing at her brother with a frown. Jasper looked at her before taking her hand into his own and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I know."

"Can you fix it?" She softly asked. "Can you make me not scared? Just for a little while?"

He nodded his head at her before doing as she asked. The rest of the walk was silent as the two siblings just relished in the others company―︎thoughts of the battle being pushed to the back of their minds for the time being. It was a moment of peace, a moment that they both really needed.

 It was a moment of peace, a moment that they both really needed

747 words

Authors note: Just a lil filler chapter before the battle that's gonna take place in the next chapter.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH