Chapter 6

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

"Kani you could take me somewhere?" Mahogany asked Sekani walking in his room.

"Take you where bruh?" He asked rubbing his eyes. He literally just wanted to go to sleep.

"Track tryouts." She cheesed.

"Why you ain't stay after school?" He asked closing his eyes again.

"Cause i wanted to take a nap, duh." She said.

"Wea mama at?" He asked.

"Her store."

"Whea da at?" He asked.

"He- Sekani its a yes or no question." She said.

"You need to get your own car bruh." He sighed rolling out his bed.

"I hope i get one for my birthday." She smiled.

"Hmm." He said handing her his keys.

"You really finna let me drive?" She asked shocked. She knew how mich her brother LOVED his car so this was very surprising to her.

"Yuh, wreck my shit and thats yo ass." He said lowly turning over going back to sleep.

"We'll get back in 1 piece." Mahogany shrugged and Sekani just turned around and went back to sleep. Just as he was drifting back to sleep his phone started ringing.

"What?" He asked rudely.

"Oh- im sorry." Nijah frowned.

"You straight, wassup?" He asked.

"Guess what!" She said excitedly.

"What?"

"I said guess silly."

"You got a dog?" He guessed.

"Nope, i made the volleyball team." She smiled.

"I thought volleyball season was over basketball season finna start." He said confused.

"It's an extended season."

"emm congratulations. You gone come to my games?" He asked.

"I don't know a thing about basketball." Nijah frowned.

"Thats not what i asked." He sighed.

"Are you okay, I don't like your energy right now." Nijah frowned.

"Nah, i was actually sleep before you called. You interrupted that." He said.

"Oh, well call me when you wake up." Instead of replying to her statement he just hung the phone up and got comfortable again before going to sleep.

"You acting like you ain't know you was gone make the team." Yasmine said looking at Nijah who smiled big.

"You never know, dont ever think your spot is secured because the unexpected could happen." Nijah shrugged.

"Yea yeah, you knew you were gonna make it." Yasmine said waving her off.

"How about a congratulations best friends im proud of you." Nijah said rolling her eyes. 

"Congratulations best friend, im proud of you." Yasmine smiled and Nijah waved her off.

"I don't want it anymore." She shrugged.

"Hey, congrats Nijah." Ashley said coming up to Nijah.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Want me to drive you home?" She asked.